• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Basic office tasks, done well.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JeremyCT

How would you spec a system with those goals in mind? We're talking basic photo editing, reading/answering e-mails, that sort of thing. My buddy asked me to help him spec a system, but I'm more used to the higher end of things.

I'm thinking something really small would do well here, mITX or even something in a VESA-mountable case. Is i3 enough to do this sort of work well, or would he be better off with an i5? They key is I want it to work well, not just be simply "sufficient".

I'm thinking 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, then the case and PS would need to be worked out along with exactly which motherboard. Those details I can sort, but I'm just not sure what works out best for the CPU.

Thoughts from the horde?

Last edited:
A10-6800K with a decent mobo. Go for 1866MHz RAM with the APU.
CX430M would be a good PSU for that.

I wondered why you didn't recommend the A10-6700, then realized that the 6800k is actually $10 less expensive for some reason. Weird.

You think it's worth waiting to see what Kaveri can do or better to shop some Christmas-y sales? The business won't open for a few months, so it's NOT needed right this moment.

Last edited:
I wondered why you didn't recommend the A10-6700, then realized that the 6800k is actually $10 less expensive for some reason. Weird.

You think it's worth waiting to see what Kaveri can do or better to shop some Christmas-y sales? The business won't open for a few months, so it's needed right this moment.

I think the 6800k just has some kind of sale going on Newegg.

Any of the A10 stuff will do just fine, if you want to wait and see how the next generation stacks up go right ahead.

But, the integrated graphics of the 6800k is better than the one on even the 4770k from Intel.

Back