• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gamepad with Max Payne????????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

abb1

Can you use a gamepad with Max Payne? I want to get the game but I dont want to return it if it does not support Gamepads. Worse case scenario I will get it for the psx2. I would rather get it for PC though.
Abb

why would you want to use a gamepad? no offence, but you have much more control when you use the mouse and keyboard . . .

I tried and tried, I cannot focus on the game when I have to look down at the keyboard. Keyboards just are not for me. Does a gamepad work with Max Payne? I want to know before I purchase it.

Unfortunately the answer to that is no. :(

I know what your saying man. The best combo for fps is a sidewinder in the left hand for strafing left and right and moving forward and backwards. The mouse in the right hand to aim and shoot.

I have access to moving and strafing + the added bonus of having three other buttons in my left hand.. left trigger to jump is a beautiful thing. In the right hand is an optical intellimouse with another 7 buttons to play with. :) I rock at UT with this combo.

Before u knock this, try it...

There is an alternative. It's called the "Nostromo Speed Pad".
FUL1_F8GFPC001.jpg

I got one from my brother for Christmas, but I can't play with it. Too hard to switch over from years of gaming. I use it for Flash, Photoshop, etc... Kinda niffty, you can program the keys for actions, combos, etc...

I got one couple months ago. At first, it was a little hard to get used to after using a regular keyboard. Now I love it.

I need one of those. I really need more buttons, but I rather have them on the mouse somehow. Are there any other controllers like that?

Legionnaire said:
someone should find a way to shunt a nerve directly into the computer. keypresses at the speed of thought.
That might not work very well for those who dont think too fast lol. I work with a load of guys like that.

Back