• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED BSOD: C0000135 The program can't start because %hs is missing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Usmani

Hi,

Really desperate now, I was playing DayZ once when this issue started to happen.

I installed new very good PSU OCZ 750W about a month ago and new graphics card gtx 670 about 2 weeks ago and no problems until now. I even went back to my old card radeon 7770 after fresh Windows 7 install.

However the first time the BSOD said: "A processes or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or terminated...STOP: 0x000000F4"
This still happens from time to time even when not playing games.

Originally my CPU fx8120 was OC'd to 4ghz, so I thought maybe I overheated, so i restored everything to default 3.1Ghz. My temps are very safe, idle are 30c and this crash happens randomly while browsing and all...

In my Event Viewer I see Kernel-Power EventID-41 critical error: "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

I've done fresh install of Windows 7 on my SSD and this is still happening.
I have another 500HDD attached but it doesn't have a whole lot except for my steam games.

I did "sfc /scannow" and attached the results.

Please help me resolve this issue, any help will be greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks

EDIT: For some reason my upload isnt working when uploading CBS.log. Shows invalid file, I put them here thanks!

CBS.log: http://www.sendspace.com/file/0d06ow
CbsPersist_20131225193325.cab: http://www.sendspace.com/file/72dbkd

Usmani,

Can you list the components that make up your rig for us?

From a brief googling session, it sounds like this is a HD/SSD related issue.

Download the HD tune pro trial and see if it comes up with anything on the "smart" status.

Given that most of the posts dealing with both of these BSOD codes are HD related, I would back up any important data you wish to save to an external drive or that 500 GB drive... if you haven't already.

-Thecheat

Sure, so far I ran memtset86 for 3 runs and 65% 4th run and no error. Got tired and cancelled.

Specs:

CPU: Fx-8120 @ 3.1ghz
CPU COOLER: Corsair H60
MOBO: asus sabretooth 990fx r2
HDD: 500gb WD
SSD: 64 GB Crucial w/ OS
RAM: AMD Entertainment Edition 4x2gb (Currently only 1 stick plugged in)
PSU: OCZ 750W
GFX: Radeon HD 7770. Its not my GFX cuz I also tested brand new GTX 670 and crash still happened.

Btw I already wiped out and reinstalled Windows 7 on my SSD. It barely has anything important on it so I'm good.

I'm going to try out the HD tune. SO far in "Health" tab it says (C7) Interface CRC Error Count -- Status: Attention. Everything else is 'ok' atm.

Thanks a lot for your reply!

Last edited:
Got a new BSOD yesterday while doing CHKDSK,

Its a BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO with STOP:0x00000074

However no errors in CHKDSK.

So i dug a little deeper, and I found some other possible solutions for you.

If you have spare SATA cables, switch them out from the ones your using now. Also, try and run memtest overnight if possible (your last BSOD points to your ram being bad or your configuration is causing them to error out).

I would listen to what redduc900 says, the guy is a windows guru.

-TC

Hi, Good News!

TheCheat I believe was right, so far no crashes in 3-4 hrs when it would normally happen within an hour. I unplugged my SSD that had my windows installed and everything is working fine for 3 hrs now and no crashes.

@Redduc, its a cracked Win7 cd I borrowed from my bro lol.

Thanks everyone! You can make it solved!

Back