• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rigid Tubing Q

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tweaked1024

Hey All,

Any rigid tubers out there? just curious about the flex tubing, going cheapo, and the bios/maintenance associated with using it. Does rigid have the same issues? (its understood that all WC systems have maintenance associated)

I think he is talking about this.

Rigid will require more work and time to set up, ie bending the tubing with heat, and whenever changing a waterblock, may have to make new tubing.

I'm not a fan of rigid builds but the maintenance would be exactly the same as a normal setup I would think. Also if you are looking to go cheap like you said rigid is probably not the best option. Rigid involves many more fittings than a simple tube setup would and those can get expensive but with a standard tube build you can use barbs and worm clamps at a fraction of the cost.

true, way more work initially. (Part of the fun or irritation....perspective) course I think, personal preference, that it looks well organized and KOOL Baby!
ok, im curious about the primochill or hardline acrylic tubing and what it means by Virgin PMMA material? the antimicrobial flex tubing that is used and if there is any correlation

I agree, I like the aesthetics of the rigid tubing.

virgin acrylic means never recycled. Recycled acrylic yellows quickly and cracks easily, virgin maintains color/clarity for 5+ years and more durable.

antimicrobial flex tubing is not important for our needs, it just prevents organisms attaching to tubing...but it wont replace a biocide and once a biocide is added the antimicrobial tubing is redundant.

Back