• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Happy New Year Friends (Upgrade Necessary)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dj1992

Wish all the people at the forums a very happy new year 2014 :D

Now coming to my question, as you can see in my sig, the specifications-I play on a 22 inch 60 Hz LED Monitor. I'm having some cash lying around and with that I can grab either a 670 for SLI with my 2nd setup or a 7950 for CrossFire on my 1st setup. Now my question is will it be wise to add a 2nd card to either of those? Since both my rigs max out every game at 60fps (except Crysis 3). If I don't get the GPU, I'll instead focus on buying two SSD's for my systems. I'm considering the Samsung 128GB Pro model. So what do you guys think? I have already secure erased my both HDD's with Parted Magic and am ready to start afresh and that's why I'm considering buying a SSD since I haven't installed Windows yet after erasing the HDDs. Any advice is appreciated. :)

unless youre dying to max out crysis 3 then the ssd seems like a more useful purchase. just make sure you get the latest one because prices are quickly dropping on these things. just a few months ago i read an article on a 1tb ssd being 950$ or so and now theyre 599$ try waiting to the last possible minute to get it but definitely go ssd for this upgrade.

Back