• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI Z68MA G45 B3 failure to boot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

misterphilly

I have recently completed a new computer assembly. Being the initial power-on, I started the computer with as few parts as possible. The processor (Intel Core i3 3240), motherboard (MSI Z68MA G45 B3), power supply (Raidmax ATX12V), memory modules (2x Crucial 2GB DDR3 1333Mhz unbuffered non-ecc) are the only components currently attached to the comouter. Only a VGA monitor and 2 USB keyboard/mouse are attached to the rear peripheral panel.

Upon pressing the power button, the computer takes a few seconds for anything to happen, then fans & power are active. It gives four short beeps, then powers off again after a few more seconds, only to repeat the whole process continuously until power is disconnected.
I have reviewed the manual and the MSI website, and gave found that the 4 beeps is AMI bios code for a system timer error. I have also found that a bios update is required to support 22nm processors.
How can I either a)update/fix the system timer , or b)enable the motherboard to support 22nm processors without purchasing an entirely new 32nm processor.

Of course these are just the issues I am aware of. If anyone has any suggestions that will put the computer inworking order i am open to those as well, as the computer was supposed to be completed and functioning sometime ago and the amount of energy & time I've spent on it is getting excessive and frustrating.

All help greatly appreciated.

Back