• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sabertooth990FX R2.0 Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jshake

I have been having a issue with the bios settings on this board. When I enter the bios and on the EZ screen, If I switch from power saving to normal or performance settings and save and reset. The computer tries to restart and bios fails to boot. At this point it requires a cmos clear to boot again.
Keep in mind when I overclock normally I do it in the advanced settings. The only reason I even messed with the EZ setting is was return to bios to default or normal, Before I do a board upgrade to the Crosshair V , New SSD and new os. I have two Sabertooth 990 fx boards. The my first board ( 990 FX ). I was able to move between EZ settings without a cmos clear. The 990 FX R2.0 requires a cmos clear with every change. Also with this board set on performance , I ran 20 min Prime 95 blend and showed that it was stable.
After about 1 hour into a video stream there was a loud squeal threw the speakers and blue screen shutdown. That told me it was unstable. Has anyone encountered any of these problems with this board or have any advise on what may be causing this.

A couple things jshake, I have that board and have beat the crap out of it. As for the EZ settings, may have something to do with the bios version. I have tested plenty and ver. 803 is my choice for stability and bios auto settings. Some here who help out have noticed that the newer bios' seem to set the ram improperly and cause some instability, So if you're using the " Auto tune " feature this could be the issue. Personally I wouldn't use it. Pressing F5 I think it is will take you to defaults in the bios also when you need to clear use the mem ok button located at the top right of your board. It's a lot easier than crawling on the floor to set a jumper.

Back