• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my signature + new mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Firas

Good day
i have a little extra cash for anupgrad so i was wondering if u would look at my sig and please tell me what mobo will i benefit from with the cpu that i have? Not i am allready at 4.009 so how much can i gain more with the new mobo ? And is it worth going through all the way

many thanks

When you make a post, be sure the "Show your Signature" box is checked.

Signature
CPU :phenom II X4 960T
Cooler : SCMC-4000 Mugen 4
RAM : 16GB DDR3 1600 or 1800
Video card : MSI GT 630 4GB DDR3
SSD: OCZ AGILITY3 111 GB / windows 7 64x ultimate
HDD : 500gb 72rp games & other Software
PSU : 500 W 7 years old :)
Monitor : SONY SDM / HS75P
MOBO : ASUS M5A78L LE

Not the case and the power supply are 7 years old every thing els i upgraded 6 moths ago

Just upgrading the mobo to get from 4.0 to 4.5 IMO isn't worth it.

Phenom II X4 960T >> very very few of those processors will do much more than 4.1Ghz no matter what mobo they are on, so changing to a better motherboard would do little. A better board might have made tweaking up to max speed, somewhat easier and maybe more consistent but now 'at' that speed nothing else would really boost cpu speed but considerably better cooling to push the processor down, down in temps.
RGone...

When you make a post, be sure the "Show your Signature" box is checked.

Just upgrading the mobo to get from 4.0 to 4.5 IMO isn't worth it.

Thank you so Much :D did not even notice , I thought it will show every time i post and i was using my phone sorry

Thank you

RGone you are right i was thinking the same thing ok so i am very happy with what i got maybe next year will do new MOBO and a New CPU easy to clock

what i would really like to have in the future is 64gb of memory although i dont know how these guys do it when u only have 4 or 6 memory slots

Because it says OS 7 64X ultimate supports up to 192gb od ram that is Allllooooottt how do they do that ?

NOT so i just posted below and my SIG showed

so maybe coz i was on my phone it did not show ?

Back