• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3770K 4.4ghz vcore fluctuation abnormal?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TDSZ77

hey so i've been overclocking my 3770K to 4.4ghz using offset. Stock voltage is about 1.60 so i have a offset of +30 which gives me 1.90. Everything seems to be OK with temps around 60c after one hour of prime95. The one thing that concerns me though is that on load the vcore is anywhere from 1.23 - 1.31.
Idle vcore is about 1.0 - 1.2. So i'm just wondering if it's that's an abnormal fluctuation. I know that's it's suppose to move around some.

Let me know if I left any important info. I'm a beginner at overclocking

I'm using an Asus P8Z77-V

my other specs are:

Corsair tx850 power supply
Corsair vengeance 8gb
Asus GTX 660

Thanks for the help

I set it at manual 1.28 and it held steady but when using manual mode it doesn't scale back the voltage when at idle which to me doesn't seem in the best interest of cpu lifespan. Is it bad at all for the vcore to move up and down a lot other than it may be less stable?

Thanks for the help

I set it at manual 1.28 and it held steady but when using manual mode it doesn't scale back the voltage when at idle which to me doesn't seem in the best interest of cpu lifespan. Is it bad at all for the vcore to move up and down a lot other than it may be less stable?

Well if you want to save power, go to cpu advanced tab and turn on all the green stuff. Thermal throttling will lower cpu mhz when the temps reach their limits. This may or may not lower cpu voltage however. This depends if C1E is on or off.

Back