• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

War Thunder, disabling automatic nose push down?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MaverocK

Registered
Is there a way to disable automatic nose-push-down even when I fly too slow?

When the plane flies too slowly, the nose automatically goes down without my control.

If you watch Air France 447 crash, you will see that the aircraft was stalling with a nose up position. I think it is not possible for me to do the same in the game, because when my plane is about to stall, the nose automatically goes down. Is this nose-going-down movement in the game a stall protection or a part of stalling?

IRL, you would tend to stall as your angle of attack (AOA-the angle the leading edge of your wings form with the velocity vector) increases, which decreases lift.

I haven't played the game, but I would imagine it is some sort of inbuilt protection against stalling. Reducing the AOA would tend to increase airspeed, and thus create more lift.

MaverocK what game mode (Arcade, Realistic, Simulator) you play and what controller (mouse, joystick) you're using? Also it happens an all planes or only a few?

In 1.37 were a lot of changes about FM. If you're flying with Instructor probably that's the cause.

BTW we have a thread about WT but is pretty much dead. :(

Back