• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Switching from AMD to Nvidia Gpu's for benching

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mandrake4565

Mr. Clean Senior Member
I'm curious of how you all switch from a Nvidia gpu to an AMD. Do I need to un-install the NVidia/AMD drivers depending on if I'm going from NVida->AMD or Vice verse, and then install the drivers of the card I'm using? Does it even make a difference? I know that the cards will run fine with both sets of drivers on my hard drive but will they conflict with one another while I'm benching and therefore lower my scores?

I at minimum do a driver wipe and install the new ones. If I have time I like to do a different OS install just in case.

Thinking about it what program should I use for wiping the drivers, Driver Sweeper?

Simply run uninstall and that's all ... all these sweepers are overrated. System is picking right driver when it finds new hardware. If it's not then just install new driver and it will overwrite all important files.
Right now I have system for tests with AMD/Nvidia gfx drivers and I'm testing both Intel and AMD CPUs without any special driver changes. I don't think I was uninstalling any drivers from this system for last ~3 months. Only in last week I've used the same drive on 775, 754, 1156, 1366 and 2011 boards. I only had to wait till system loads drivers and later restart windows.

Back