• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HD5770 only has 1 crossfire bridge?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kingfish999

ive been having crossfire problems with this computer since ive made it. it always gave me worse performance than a single card would so I eventually just decided to pull out the second card. well now im sick today and took off work and this second card has been staring at me on my desk for months. I decided to try and throw it back in and try again.

some reason CCC wont activate crossfire because 'internal bridge interconnects are not properly attached'. then it says BOTH bridge interconnects must be attached.

one of my 5770 cards only has a spot for a single bridge where the other has 2 spots. ive had crossfire activate in the past no problem but im starting to wonder if this is possibly the cause of all my headaches. what do you all think?

Did you put the bridge on the right right way? Flip it around and/or try another bridge.

But GAH, you are ram limited on those 5770's anyway at 1080p. Time to sell those and upgrade to a single card and ditch all these problems.

ya I know. old cards are old and even crossfire wont compare to a new card. but even with a single card I can still play BF4 with mid settings at 30fps. my monitor only goes to 1440x900 anwyays. its old as hell too. this whole setup is old. I guess im just becoming a filthy casual.

just figured id try and make best with what I got. all my money is going into other peoples trucks/cars instead of my own wallet. and im stubborn and I have a tendancy to keep trying till it finally works. even if I bought a new card, id still be fiddling with these till I finally figures out what im doing wrong. was hoping it could be something simple as 1 card needs both bridges while the other can only use 1 and it causing a compatibility problem

I got crossfire to turn on again. not sure why it didn't want to before. but ingame is still the same. everything's feels more jagged and the fps barley went up if at all. back to 1 I go

heh I still have a 5770 sitting around, used it playing Planetside 2 while I RMA'd a XFX 7850 a year ago, it still holds up. BF4 hates crossfire/SLI, no surprise it's giving problems, well BF4 is riddled with problems altogether anyways.

heh I still have a 5770 sitting around, used it playing Planetside 2 while I RMA'd a XFX 7850 a year ago, it still holds up. BF4 hates crossfire/SLI, no surprise it's giving problems, well BF4 is riddled with problems altogether anyways.
It does? I recall the beta having issues. A couple in my clan have SLI and do not report any issues with it...at least that are game specific anyway.

I'm curious when the last time you played BF4 was... it has gotten better for sure. :thup:

Last edited:
I always had every game hate crossfire. or at least with these cards anyways. I always check for new drivers. im just givin up on them and when I get some money gaain I plan on getting a newer card

my system HATED the beta. I was getting like 15fps and just hated it. I got BF4 when it was on special for newyears or something and its alotr better but still very demanding

I didn't take the card out yet but I have crossfire disabled and the card disabled in device manager. I was actually getting around 40-50 fps when I played. might keep it like this for a while. Plus the little extra heat makes my feet warm for this winter (yes I know im in florida and it isn't actually cold but it helps still)

well u guys finally motivated me to move on. I decided to buy a new card. im on a very strick budget (im in the red now actually) but I decided to get this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202063

Im really behind in gaming and of all the cards out now but figured even if this isn't the best card for the money, its still a buttload better than mine. hell my rest of my system probably will be the bottleneck now

also ordered a cheap gaming keyboard cause this wireless POS im using cant get a signal when the receiver is literally touching the keyboard

Well, did not have any issue playing (well trying would be more accurate...) BF4 with 3 280x's.

Smooth as butter, no bug.

I had no idea a 5 series could run it... I thought it was only GCN cards, which started with the 7 series.

Back