• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

T-bred is here April!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC-Master

Thats right, T-breds are shipping to OEM dealers at the end of the month and END-users will be able to purchase the new AthlonXP processors starting the second week in April when AMD makes the XP2200+ official.

The T-bred XP will come in four flavours at launch,

XP1900+ 1.60GHz
XP2000+ 1.67GHz
XP2100+ 1.73GHz
XP2200+ 1.80GHz

The T-bred MP will also come in four flavours at launch,

MP1800+ 1.53GHz
MP1900+ 1.60GHz
MP2000+ 1.67GHz
MP2100+ 1.73GHz

AMD's most powerful XP2200 processor will be priced around $349US and will be compete in performance against Intel's 2.4GHz and 2.2GHz P4 northwood.

In April, Intel will release the 2.4GHz Pentium4 at which the XP2200+ will go against.

Also, AMD will launch the 1.4GHz Duron CPU at te same time as the T-bred launch. This is a really strange one since the Duron1.4 is out in many places already!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just to give you an update on AMDs roadmap for the T-bred, they have an XP2800+ 266FSB T-bred running at Cebit. This processor runs at 2.20GHz and is based on the 266FSB .13M architecture.

AXIA

Just think, in just over 30 days, AMD fans will be running Athlons at over 2.00GHz with just a standard cooling solution. I will definately trade my XP1900+ for an T-bred version the day they launch.

My next goal is to get an XP1900+ T-bred running @ 2.00GHz with a basic cooling solution (SK-6 :) ).

T-breds are AthlonXPs, and yes AthlonXPs will go down in price since the XP2200+ will drive em all down.

A few suckers this month and next month will buy the older Palomino core since its only logic that all computer stores must clear stock before they can replace the XP1900+/XP2000+ and XP2100+ with the newer .13M T-bred core version.

I just wish that no one buys the older Palominos after the day T-bred ships since T-bred will let you overclock alot higher. I MEAN ALOT higher.

AXIA

I think I will stick with the Pal. core for a bit. Just went to pricewatch and see the XP1900 is around $150.

Has anything been said about what motherboards they will run on? Are they going to run on the current stock or is there some new MB technology coming out specifically for these?

they will still run on todays mobos, just higher multis and
lower volts WOOT

Starfox is totally right!

And you wont even have to worry about multipliers since XPs multipliers are locked anyway and a 13X+ multiplier would be forced on the 2100+ and so forth.

Voltage shouldnt be a problem for anyone either. If your PC can handle an XP processor than it will run a T-bred processor.

AXIA

Any word on whether the pits will be there still? How about a factory unlock? Those CPUs will favor OCers more if they were factory unlocked...and with all that OC potential they better be unlocked!!!

Rezman5 said:
Any word on whether the pits will be there still? How about a factory unlock? Those CPUs will favor OCers more if they were factory unlocked...and with all that OC potential they better be unlocked!!!

it would be better if they locked them, cuz a lot of mobos don't support the new multis the new chips are coming out at

Sorry AXIA, but I'm going to to have to pass up on all of the T-bred based Athlon XPs and go for a Barton or ClawHammer based Athlons when they are available for sale at the end of this year. My two Palamino based Athlons will do me just fine until then.I just don't think that the T-breds aren't that much different from the Palaminos. Is the CPU die size the only difference there AXIA?

AtomicGuY said:
Just think, in just over 30 days, AMD fans will be running Athlons at over 2.00GHz with just a standard cooling solution. I will definately trade my XP1900+ for an T-bred version the day they launch.

My next goal is to get an XP1900+ T-bred running @ 2.00GHz with a basic cooling solution (SK-6 :) ).

sorry to burst yer bubble, but the t-breds run only 15% cooler and use 15% less wattage. so a 1900 t-bird can clock to 1.75GHz and the same t-bred will overclock about 100MHz more. not that much but you can set a record by a small margin

I just wish that no one buys the older Palominos after the day T-bred ships since T-bred will let you overclock alot higher. I MEAN ALOT higher.

AXIA [/B]

hmmmmmmm......an extra 100MHz is sure alot of overclock for a t-bred

does anyone know how high the t-breds will go after launch? i mean i know there are going higher than the 2200 so i was just wondering what the max on those will be.

AXIA, mant thanks for all the useful AMD info your always posting. For an earlier comment, barton will be the last Athlon. After that the Clawhammer will be on the totally new x86-64 architecture and will no longer be an Athlon. If thouroughbreds will be going as high as 2.2ghz(2800 or 3000+ i would guess, considering that 1.67ghz is 2000+) than bartons will prolly scale to over 3ghz. IM gonna keep the palomino till barton comes out. SOI should lead to some nice overclocks, and ill be on h2o so i can pimp out one of those baby's....w00t!
Good work AXIA, how much do u read up on the architecture of the athlon's? I read all about the architectures and i know quite a bit about x86-64 too. Id love to discuss them sometime......
quick quiz question:does anyone here know what the partial register stall on the p/// is? much respect if u do, not to many others here do
-Malakai

Back