• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new to motherboards, first build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

novabean22

Registered
so im workiong on my first build and im going with an amd build. i plan on getting a fx6300, i currently have... xfx r7 260x graphics card, PNY 8 gigs ddr3 dual channel ram, WD 1tb 7200 rpm hard drive, 5 case fans, corsair c750xm power supply, and a thermaltake a31 case. basically i need help picking out a budget mobo that i can use that wont be too cheap but not a 200 dollar board either. ive been looking at asus, msi, and gigabyte boards i know its an am3+ socket, the ram is 1066mhz. any suggestions on a decent mobo out there that wont die in a few months? 80-140$ thanks for any help in advance

I'm so out of the loop these days on AMD's, but I used to use Gigabytes with them, ya.

The one Johan threw out there looks pretty nice for what you're doing, but like I said I've been away that side awhile.

I would have to add my vote into the hat for the Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3. It has the power section to even handle the 8-cores pretty easily. There are some firmware issues and BIOS issues on some revisions, but my Rev 1.1 handled the 8-core fine with a BIOS flash. If you're going 6-core, it's one of the best bang-for-buck AM3+ motherboards, given its feature set and quality.

I would recommend it to anyone looking at an AM3+ motherboard.

Well the pendelum has swung from the Rev 1.1 thru the very nasty Rev 3.0 and if one could actually know he was getting a Rev 4.0 UD3 and not a left over UD3 Rev 3.0, then he may well do pretty good.

Following these boards and users day in and day out for at least 2 years of FX processors has a long and winding trail in GIGA land. From green, somewhat pleasant pastures thru the desert of the UD3 Rev 3.0 and again into more fertile land of the UD3 Rev 4.0. Quite a journey for those caught in the wasteland of UD3 REV 3.0.
RGone...

Don't know if you could call and find out maybe, To be sure I would go to a mortar and brick store myself.

Back