• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Loop opinion (set up)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Thekamikazepr

So I have my loop Bellow (attachment)

Wondering if it does make sense to you guys.

IT had a MCP 355 until it died today (located where the two tubing ends)

Now im concern with reservoir, am I using it properly?

In here it comes from rad to Shinning aqua pipe, then goes down through regular hole

But it created a lot of turbulence.

It had an anti cyclone adapter (top) wondering if that could be use in bottom (unscrew and screw on bottom)

http://www.bitspower.com.tw/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6_7_8&products_id=37

If you think there could also be improvement on the arrangement let me know I went with as clean as possible, but i might switch back to a DDC top reservoir with the DDC pump

Attachments

• setup.jpg
    setup.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 106
That res is set up correctly but... One pump pushing through 3 radiators, 2 GPU blocks and a CPU block might be a bit too much for one pump.

None of those blocks are particularly high resistance so it's *probably* ok.

Your res should be feeding the pump. That's really the only hard and fast rule in WC. Pump goes right after the res, period. The turbulence you're seeing should be fixed by the anti-cyclone adapter, which should be fitted on the inlet side of the reservoir, so you want it on the bottom. The purpose of the anti-cyclone adapter is to better separate the inlet from the outlet, so that the coolant being pulled into the pump is calmer, and you're not introducing and recirculated trapped air bubbles.

Grab a MCP-35x OR wait for the new version MCP-50x being released next month supposedly.

Nice rig btw.

Here is how it looks like it has a MCP 35x.

I did swapped the long pipe in the bottom to the small anti turbulence from the top. I actually like the 35x way more than 355 its quieter, and the way to screw it to the case is way easier than the 355 (355 had bolts and nuts) this just had bolts that you actually screw into the casing

BIG +

ohh and I got it from amazon it included the barbs and clamps :) im such a happy man lol.

BTW after adding the new 240mm rad I saw 8 degree drop in low setting and 12-15 under full load.

My sunbeam fan controller should arrive this weekend and the UV lighting next week :).

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    602.2 KB · Views: 71
Here is how it looks like it has a MCP 35x.

I did swapped the long pipe in the bottom to the small anti turbulence from the top. I actually like the 35x way more than 355 its quieter, and the way to screw it to the case is way easier than the 355 (355 had bolts and nuts) this just had bolts that you actually screw into the casing

BIG +

ohh and I got it from amazon it included the barbs and clamps :) im such a happy man lol.

BTW after adding the new 240mm rad I saw 8 degree drop in low setting and 12-15 under full load.

My sunbeam fan controller should arrive this weekend and the UV lighting next week :).

Awesome! Great improvements I see. MCP-35x is the highest head pressure pump out there and right behind the D5s in flow. When adding cooling components to the loop, especially angled fittings etc, the head pressure from the MCP-35x comes to play and makes a difference.

Awesome! Great improvements I see. MCP-35x is the highest head pressure pump out there and right behind the D5s in flow. When adding cooling components to the loop, especially angled fittings etc, the head pressure from the MCP-35x comes to play and makes a difference.

I was undecided between 35x and 655(d5) and made decisión on looks. (Since i knew both will run it). Plus had a 355 res top in case i get tired of the cylinder.

Martinlabs have info on several puños right?

Might get new tubbing soon (purple) .

Might also put a 90 mm fan in bot but not sure if that will help or hurt

I was undecided between 35x and 655(d5) and made decisión on looks. (Since i knew both will run it). Plus had a 355 res top in case i get tired of the cylinder.

Martinlabs have info on several puños right?

Might get new tubbing soon (purple) .

You made the right choice. Just don't change the top because those tops are custom made for that pump which helps increase its performance. Don't use the other res top. Leave it the way it is.

Yes Martinsliquidlab has great info about that pump as well as many others.

Also take a look at Primochill Advanced LRT for colored tubing.

Also take a look at Primochill Advanced LRT for colored tubing.

I actually ordered Advance LRT but they sent the wrong size (thank god for amazon return process). I ordered 3/8-5/8 they sent 3/8 -1/2.

I guess on summer ill re-order it since I already installed everything here and dont feel like removing everything and redoing 1 week after install.

I have danger den atm

Will be ordering 5mm uv led's for CPU block and reservoir :)

Back