• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anything else I can do?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Garfield

I was just running my computer and when I was at 35 degrees C and that is a couple more degrees than I am on a colder day (today was nice and slightly hot).

I'm going to clean the wires up in my case, but is there anything else I can do to drop my temps a couple of degrees?

kendan said:
Are those temps at load or idle? They are good Idle temps but the ones that matter are the load temps.

What do you mean, "load temps"? The temps when your computer boots up? in the POST?

load temps refer to the temperature when you are running cpu intensive apps, like prime95, or some other benching utility, or Toast, which is designed to heat up your processor. Idle temps are when your comp is just sitting there, not performing any actions...

Well, my load temp was about 40 C. That 35-37 C is my idle (not very stressing programs). I did the 100% stress about a week ago when my idle was about 31-33 C on idle.

So what do I do now?

Your temps are very good. try to run prime 95, F@H, or Seti for a couple of hours and that will give you the load temp. Toast will give you the highest temp in about 3-5 min. these are also good for testing you stability when you are overclocked. here is toast it is zipped.

I used CPU burn 4 to stress her for an hour and my temp was 41 C at the end. You think that 35-37 C at idle and 41+ C for load is good?

that sounds good, especially with that XP you're running.

anyhting else you can do? watercooling? lol

Starfox said:
that sounds good, especially with that XP you're running.

anyhting else you can do? watercooling? lol

I'll go watercooling in a year+ when I get the money and knowledge of it. Until then, I'm sticking with air :D

Back