• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[Quest] FrozenQ Liquid Fusion V 2nd laing MCP355?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

leonff7

Hi, Everyone, first timer in the forum, please to meet you all.

So, during my quest searching for a quiet solution. I came across this series of cool looking res (dual bay ain't bad either). It caught my heart right away, but I only own a small MCP355 DDC pump, and quite limited case space, also would love to try if laing res/top could really reduce noise output. However, my experience level couldn't offer any suitable ideas, nor the search turn up with any adapter/top. I am thinking either I am looking for the wrong thing, or simply need to hard-core mod one to fit. Please spare me with some precious time. Thanks.

Welcome to OCFs!

I am not quite understanding your question. Give us more information. What is your system and what are you trying to water cool? When you say you have limited space in water cooling in general otherwise you'll have to mod or place things in odd locations. You said you want a quiet system, than it must mean you'll need more heat surface in limited space. Give us info of your components including case and what you're aiming to water cooling in a quiet operating solution.

If this is your first time watercooling, I would advise to take a read at our stickies to better understand what you'll need to cool for a quiet system.

Also I would steer away from the FrozenQ reservoirs. I've had bad experiences with them. I would rather go with a reputable company.

Last edited:
Thank you for the reply,
I am not really the first time WCer, but not really battle hardened either. :p
Currently, building in old Koolance INEX-3 fulltower, split loop through CPU and GPU, top 360 rad, dual drive bay res and my small MCP355 pump. Using a Sunbeam Rh to control pump and rad fans.
Should have elaborate more on my question. I would like to build a custom project of Liquid Fusion res as top with MCP355. But couldn't find a suitable adapter. The bottom of LF res is round instead of square, and DDC pump need some adapter top to attach on it. And further more, the two res openings both are facing down, also the UV line go in from bottom too. The top filling port are very small according to the forum review. My plan is find something to replace the res top and flip the whole thing. And this is where the adapter comes in, but I couldn't find a suitable one, nor have the ability to create one.

I though about that too, but what are the different effect between laing and short fitting? I have never try either. My guess is laing should be more stable and less vibration than short fitting/tubing?

Oh, sorry, please excuse my late night surfing, can't even remember why I kept saying that at all. :p
I mean by using an adapter attach the pump directly on to the res.
So, will the larger total size and less moving parts = less vibration = less noise, or vice versa?

I think that would be hugely situationally dependent...but I don't think anything exists that does what you want it to do. Also, if you use tubing, you can use a pump top of your choosing, which gives you some more control over your performance.

I think that would be hugely situationally dependent...but I don't think anything exists that does what you want it to do. Also, if you use tubing, you can use a pump top of your choosing, which gives you some more control over your performance.

Yea, took me a few hours to realize they might not exist at all.. LOL
Just curious, what do you mean by situationally dependent?

A new pump top and a male to make adaptor is my suggestion.

Thanks for the suggestion. Do you mean by using glue to connect them?

There is nothing that does what you want to do, but what SeeThruHead is referring to is a male G1/4" to male G1/4" fitting that would connect the out port of the res with the in port of the pump. You can flip the res so that the UV cathode wire is at the top. There will be two ports at the top. You can use one as a fill port and one as the in port of the res from the loop. Hope that makes sense.

Also, if you're going to grab a top for the MCP-355, I would replace it with a MCP-35X-H top. Best top you can buy for those DDCs. Just use tubing to connect from the reservoir to the pump if you're worried of added vibrations. I can see if adding a fixed solid connector that possibly the pump and reservoir can act as one and amplify the noise level in some way depending in the situation as mor said. Just stick with that top and get some barbs or fittings and use the tubing, Primochill Advanced prefered as the tubing for the whole loop.

Oh, sorry, please excuse my late night surfing, can't even remember why I kept saying that at all. :p
I mean by using an adapter attach the pump directly on to the res.
So, will the larger total size and less moving parts = less vibration = less noise, or vice versa?

Yea, took me a few hours to realize they might not exist at all.. LOL
Just curious, what do you mean by situationally dependent?

Whether or not the different design led to less vibration would be situationally dependent on the design of the parts, the mounting in your case, etc, etc, etc. There's so many factors that it's impossible to say that more mass+less parts = less noise. That's not to say that that isn't the case, just to say that it might not be.

I'd like to add that using a gel or foam pad to mount the pump rather than screws seems to help reduce vibrations (just be sure to leave a gap below the pump for heat to dissipate). I've even heard of some suspending their pumps below the reservoir with just the tubing, so long as the tubing is secure on the fittings.

Thank you so much guys, this is really helpful.
Gonna start to put parts together to see how it will work out.

Back