• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Foiled at an ffc connector

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

twocents

Registered
Hi All,

Could somebody please give me some expert advice?

Not strictly an overclocking question but if you guys don't know then nobody does!

Trying to upgrade the cpu in my parents Toshiba p100-208. Going to put an ebayed T7200 2ghz in it (currently a t5500 1.66ghz). Have also upgraded hd, os, wireless card for them, clean out etc.

So close but cannot for the life of me figure out this connector :screwy: It is for the touchpad and appears to be one piece. Cannot see any obvious joins to put a sharp edge into. So far, gentle force has not worked so have put to one side for now...

Have pulled apart a couple of Samsungs and Asus lappys and seen things like it (where the bottom bit of the plastic comes out a bit like a drawer to let the cable out) This doesn't appear to be the same. Tried messing around the edges of it with a craft knife but no give so far so have given up for time being for fear of breaking.

Any ideas or advice please?

All the best.

Thanks.

Attachments

• ffc1.jpg
    ffc1.jpg
    668.2 KB · Views: 127
  • ffc3.jpg
    ffc3.jpg
    522.1 KB · Views: 116
Since there is no release bar, I think it just pulls out. If you go that route, pull by the blue plastic, which is going to have less chance of breaking it.

This looks like an IBM z67(?) that I stripped a few years ago. In fact, Nebulous has the HDD to it now.

That is the touchpad connector. Use hemostats or a small plier to gently pull straight out from the socket. Once it starts to come out, it comes out easily.

Thanks for the fast response guys. I am probably being over-carfeful since it isn't mine. So there is no clamping mechanism on these and it will go back as easily as it come out without stripping the contacts from the ribbon? Sorry for noob question. Cheers.

Back