• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Fresh install won't fully load after update

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Luke1978

By fresh install I mean.. Just did it. I can boot into windows minus drivers, and download AMD CCC etc. But if I install CCC windows won't load the desktop. If I install any automatic updates windows won't load the desktop. By load the desktop I mean... Power saving etc is working. It just shows the default background.. But after 15 minutes the monitor turns off. Moving the mouse or pressing a key brings it back on. If I press ctrl-alt-delete the screen goes black but remains on. Pressing any key on the keyboard brings it back to the blank wallpaper. I can boot into safe mode with networking no problems. The system was running before I reinstalled windows, and no hardware changes were made. Posting from my phone so sorry about the 1 paragraph wonder.

Something else odd.. The little automatic driver installer never popped up for my GPU, chipset etc etc Last time I installed windows it popped up as soon as i installed the ethernet driver..

Went through event viewer in safe mode, this error appears a few times and seems to correspond...

Attachments

• Windowsbooterror.JPG
    Windowsbooterror.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
So.... Feeling like an idiot, this should give you guys a laugh....

I have my monitor hooked up through DVI, and the TV in the living room hooked up via HDMI... See where this is going? My card defaults the TV to monitor 1... So after reinstalling windows and drivers at least 6 times today trying to figure out WTF is going on, I got lucky and my mouse was on the monitor. I didnt immediately put 2 and 2 together, untill I clicked on screen resolution to see if changing it back and forth might work... When I did I saw the dual screen setup and immediately face palmed... I feel like a tard!

Out of the 50 views I appreciate all the help though. :snipe::bs:

Last edited:
Back