• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need feedback for new set-up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IchBinSean

Hey ,
I am wating to buy this set-up please some feedback :

Case : Corsair Obsidian series 750D
Gpu : Msi N780 Lightning
HDD : WD Blue 1TB
Moederbord : Asus Z87-PLUS
SSD : Samsung 840 EVO basic 120Gb
Power Supply : Corsair RM series RM750
Muis : Razer Naga 2014
Toetsenbord : Razer blackwidow Ultimate 2013
Software : Windows 8.1
Monitor : ASUS VX238H
RAM : ADATA XPG V2 Series 8GB clocked@2400MHz
CPU Cooler : Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
Cooling : Corsair Air Series SP120 PMW x5
CPU : Intel Core I5 4670k

Where can i improve?
Would everything work with Windows 8.1?
Would i be able to fit everything in especially with the big *** gpu
DO i have enough watts?

Switch the hard drive to a WD Black. Is there any reason you need the Z87-Plus over the Z87-A? They'll both OC the same on air. It doesn't look like you need any more than the A.

You don't need 750W for this build. 5-600 will be enough.

I'd buy a 4770K over a 4670K. Games for the new consoles are going to be ported to PC using more than 4 threads and people who only have 4 thread CPUs are likely to suffer the consequences. This is just theoretical at this point but it does make sense.

Also, you might want to go with a 240GB SSD. 120GB fills up awfully fast.

Get an NHD14, not a Hyper 212. Even the 4670K runs pretty hot. A Hyper 212 will get you a very lame overclock.

Switch the hard drive to a WD Black. Is there any reason you need the Z87-Plus over the Z87-A? They'll both OC the same on air. It doesn't look like you need any more than the A.

You don't need 750W for this build. 5-600 will be enough.

I'd buy a 4770K over a 4670K. Games for the new consoles are going to be ported to PC using more than 4 threads and people who only have 4 thread CPUs are likely to suffer the consequences. This is just theoretical at this point but it does make sense.

Also, you might want to go with a 240GB SSD. 120GB fills up awfully fast.

Get an NHD14, not a Hyper 212. Even the 4670K runs pretty hot. A Hyper 212 will get you a very lame overclock.

I looked into the Z87 series and won't the Z87-K run me as good as a Z87-A?

Back