• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Travel Desktop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thobel

So I go away for 2 -3 months a year I have been bringing a laptop to game on and I'm never happy with the gaming on a laptop no matter how good the laptop is I'm looking at building a Mini ITX High(er) end system

first pass specs

Corsair Obsidian Series 250D

Intel Core i7-4770K

ASUS MAXIMUS VI IMPACT LGA 1150 Intel Z87

SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series MZ-7PD256BW 2.5" 256GB

CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600

EVGA 04G-P4-3768-KR GeForce GTX 760 FTW 4GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 SLI Support Video Card w/ EVGA ACX Cooler

CORSAIR HX series HX650 650W ATX12V v2.2 / EPS12V

CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i

So goals:

1) Fit in a Carry on with some room for packing Material

2) Looks "pretty"

3) Games on High to "ultra" settings @ 1080p

4) Quiet (ish)

Concerns:

The Case It looks a bit big for Travel I have never looked at compact cases/ Lan Party cases any suggestions?

I'm not looking to break the bank but I'm also not looking to skimp on anything so open to suggestions on the rest

Need the feedback asap I'm thinking of ordering now and shipping to my vacation spot :)

How much power do you need. Silverstone does SF power supplies (amazon w prime $70, modular $95) which might get you into a smaller case.
Reviews of GTX750Ti Maxwell, might mean waiting for a newer card might work in your favor.

How much power do you need. Silverstone does SF power supplies (amazon w prime $70, modular $95) which might get you into a smaller case.
Reviews of GTX750Ti Maxwell, might mean waiting for a newer card might work in your favor.

I'm looking at next day shipping so not looking to wait at all.

GPU says 500 Watt I did 650 so I had room to grow incase I upgrade card in the future plus some over clocking etc

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=730394

Maybe speak with C4B a bit, he seems to specialize in those things.

Really lacks a higher end GPU I guess, but still something along those lines maybe.

I'd actually looked at that Corsair case awhile back when building a HTPC, but I wasn't going to be moving it around so just plunked every thing into a HAF 912.

Those look to be pretty solid little cases.

Last edited:
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=730394

Maybe speak with C4B a bit, he seems to specialize in those things.

Really lacks a higher end GPU I guess, but still something along those lines maybe.

I'd actually looked at that Corsair case awhile back when building a HTPC, but I wasn't going to be moving it around so just plunked every thing into a HAF 912.

Those look to be pretty solid little cases.

Any issues with the 760? I have used tri sli 280,480,580,680 and Titans so not sure what to expect from a 760 :(

Back