• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED working with photo albums.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
My little woman has set me to sorting the thousands of photos we have been e-mailed over the years. Most are small jpegs and those that were not I have converted to jpeg, size ranges from 60-200mb.
what is going on is that i have put them all in one large file, (and backed it up to an external drive) and made folders to sort them into, there are thousands of photos, when I select a batch, about 50 from the thumbnail display and move them to a folder, it moves them fine it seems but for a full minute or two all i have on the screen is jpeg place holders and a progress bar apperars in the address bar..

the rig, p2x4 955be, stock clocks, cheap sandisk ssd, 8 gigs 1600 memory, asus m5a97 r2.0 motherboard, hd 7770 video card, win 7 oem.

what am I waiting on and how might i speed it up?

I got it flying,
things that did not help, clocking it up to 4.2, 16 gigs of ram.

I moved them to an external usb 3.0 hdd and now it just scoots through like nothing.
It might have to do with the way an ssd erases and writes, I don't know.

Last edited:
Back