• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Concerns with an OCed i7-870

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

solrflare

Registered
Hey all!

Just finished about 24 hours worth of overclocking because I installed some new RAM (went from 4x A-DATA XPG 2GB to 2x Crucial Ballistix 8GB) and I lost my overclock.

So here I am, again, trying different combinations of stuff and I went with a BCLK of 200 with a multiplier of 21. Currently, I have my RAM underclocked so I could get the highest number. I also have HyperThreading disabled because I stopped using the extra threads, and figured that disabling it would boost my overclock.

Attached is my info. I'm running an i7-870 with an Asus P7P55D-E Pro motherboard, Corsair AX850 PSU, NZXT Phantom and a Noctua NH-D14 (with the low-noise adapters).

I'm hoping to push this thing as far as I can, because I have the feeling that I got a good chip. If I need to give you more info, let me know.

Thanks!
4tfvHJN.jpg

CPU OC looks fine to me...

Now you need to bring up your memory speed to default DDR3-1600. The i7-870 should have a 23x turbo multi available that gives you the option of a lower blck overclock...? Lowering bclk might allow for lowering vtt voltage (some?) which might help with temps. Disabling HT definitely helps with lowering your temps. You have to play around and test to find the combination of settings you like best.

Back