• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ and Warranties

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathman20

High Speed Premium Senior
Well like to put my experience with OCZ and the warranty of SSD's. Actually its my bosses experience... though same difference.

Less than 2 years ago he bought a 64GB SSD, OCZ Petrol. Last year the drive crapped out on him, delayed the RMA on it til just this week but with doing so. Now that OCZ is filing for bankruptcy, Toshiba bought the SSD division from them but left the warranties hanging in the breeze.

With that being said, OCZ says they can't help out at all about a warranty on this product now. Is there anything that can be done to get help with it? I understand the situation but seems still crappy that they won't honor warranties, which I would of at least expected to still honor.

I recently tried to rma my revo drive to toshiba, but was denied because I don't have a receipt because it was a gift. Pretty poor if you ask me.

When did OCZ file for bankruptcy? I wonder what did them in, how come they had to file for bankruptcy?

Last edited:
When did OCZ file for bankruptcy? I wonder what did them in, how come they had to file for bankruptcy?

They filled back Nov of last year. They've had bad financials going on for a while, but didn't think it was that bad. So once was the leader in SSD's got squashed by bigger people that had better products and products that didn't have as many issues.

I recently tried to rma my revo drive to toshiba, but was denied because I don't have a receipt because it was a gift. Pretty poor if you ask me.

Yeah I'd say shotty. Well because at least most companies will at least look very least at, hey this product came out this year. Say when it was release and add the warranty on to it... does it go past today = still warrantied. Should be simple but some don't act like that. Best place that I've had with warranties is Logitech.

Back