• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Foldathon - Adak to the stars

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

the_cultie

FOLDATHON - To Honor Adak

WHEN: Saturday March 1st 9am PST to March 8th 9am PST

WHERE: TEAM 32 username Adak

WHY: Team 32 invites friends and foes alike to fold in Adak's name to help us
honor his dedication, his spirit, and his fierce drive to make all our forums a
better place. Adak folded for many teams but considered Team 32 his home.
Join us for a week of folding madness and let us try to send Adak shooting to
the stars in points as well as spirit!

All you need to do is change your folding name to Adak, team number to 32
if you are not a Team 32 member, and change the passkey. The passkey
for the foldathon is:

8368637ec271da5faedf5eca46c40efe

And if you don't normally fold we'd love to have you for this week of remembering the good times.

If you need to get the folding client it can be found here:
https://folding.stanford.edu/

Last edited:
Great to have you aboard.

Orion just discovered that we need to qualify a passkey to use for this. He set a BA workunit to Adak but only got base points using his passkey. Can anyone help us with folding a few units to qualify a work unit. Right now I just have a lapotp with a core i7 and a desktop with a core2duo and they take a few days to do one unit.

That was fast, got a volunteer with some nice folding power, but if anyone else wants to pitch it just PM me for the new passkey, the more the merrier :D

It has been a long time since I have done any folding, but I will join in. A quick link to dl and simple setup would be appreciated.

I'll join for the week! Curious to see my PPD with my mining hardware!

Just popping-in from the EVGA team to say that I'll be joining-in for Adak's Foldathon. We are all brothers and sisters in this effort and any time we lose a member it is a sad day for all of us. My condolences go out to his family and I hope that this effort will help them to know how important his work was to solving diseases worldwide. I'm also sorry for your loss on this team and wish you all the best as you go forward. :salute:

Back