• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Galaxy GTX 750 GC Graphics Card Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

NVIDIA partners are beginning to roll out their new GTX 750 graphics cards and the new Maxwell architecture they offer. As we discovered during our launch day article, Maxwell GPUs bring a lot of new technologies along with the new architecture. Most notable is the high power efficiency they bring to the table, which allows them to be used in lower end systems that might not have been able to handle the power demands before. Today, we'll be looking at one of Galaxy's new Maxwell GPU offerings in the form of their GTX 750 GC 1 GB Dual Fan model.
... Return to article to continue reading.

Looks like nVidia is not pulling the punches with this generation. Its not often you see the mid range cards hit first, and ever more rare for those mid range cards to put on such a show. Really looking forward to the 8XX series.

I think one of the things NVIDIA was trying to accomplish with the GTX 750 is to give those people who have lower end systems that are perhaps using onboard graphics and a small sized PSU (Think OEM computers - Dell, HP, etc) an easy upgrade path without having to update the power supply too. In those situations, SLI wouldn't necessarily be something they would need or want. I think another thing that played into leaving SLI support out was final cost to consumer. Right now I'd say they probably have the best bang for buck going right now.

Is the 6-pin power supply a must?

Some cards of gtx 750 do not require 6-pin power supply. Since a 6-pin input is included, does that mean a 6-pin power supply is a must for galaxy gtx 750?

Back