• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4770k, will I notice a big difference in gaming?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Desync

currently running the system in my sig for gaming. But I am thinking about switching over to INTEL and getting the 4770k and the ASUS VI HERO board.

Just wondering what types or how big of an increase in gaming i will notice? I mainly only game and stream my games at the moment.

Depends on how cpu intensive the game is, I play BF4, BF3 and a few others on all of my rigs, 4770k @ 4.4, my 955be @ 4.0 and my Fx 8350 @ 4.7 and don't notice any difference when running the same Gpu on all 3 systems. Mind you I'm playing at 1680x1050 without all the eye candy turned up. Here is some Cpu benchmarks for BF4

gonna be playing at 1920x1080 with high graphics so my streams look better.

gonna be playing at 1920x1080 with high graphics so my streams look better.

Well again it's going to be dependent on the game, if it's a Graphics intensive game maybe you'll get 1-2 fps more with the 4770k which you're not going to see visually.

I don't have any conclusive data, but my personal opinion I think under my AMD FX-8320 minimum frame rates suffer.
Doesn't matter how many cores the AMD has, it's weak instructions per clock cycle pulls it down whatever core it is using.

no.

1080 and Xfire working your GPU's more than CPU, sure more modern games may use the cores but it wont be anything you would notice going from what you have now.

i7-4770k is a really great cpu for what ever you need to do. As long as you have a good graphic card. It shouldn't get bottleneck. Especially if you just running 1 program at a time.

my main concern was streaming. was wondering if i could possibly get better quality upgrading to a 4770k. cause ill be running OBS+dxtory+my game.

/end thread. :p

Being serious, that is using XSplit and I am not sure what you use, but for this application, you can see the FX bests the Intel while streaming using that software. ;)

apreciate the video ED. I believe i am going to go with the 4770k and the hero board. I have been with AMD for so many years now, intel will be fun to play with.
I understand it depends which game I play. Good friend of mine went from the 8350 to the 4770k and manages 45+ fps in Arma 3 now.

For streaming i use DXTORY + OBS.

apreciate the video ED. I believe i am going to go with the 4770k and the hero board. I have been with AMD for so many years now, intel will be fun to play with.
I understand it depends which game I play. Good friend of mine went from the 8350 to the 4770k and manages 45+ fps in Arma 3 now.

For streaming i use DXTORY + OBS.

Intel is pretty boring after doing some deep tweaking on the FX platform.
Just my $0.02

Like EarthDog showed, streaming will usually use the extra cores available.
And the FX has more actual cores than the 4770K.

Back