• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Samsung SyncMaster 2494SW Touch Button Bizarre!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zacharybinx34

I have a 24" LCD Samsung SyncMaster 2494SW monitor. The issue I have is that the monitor turns on from a touch button on the front. However, here's the problem.

When the monitor is on, I can turn it off fine. Except once I do that, then the only way I can get the monitor to turn back on is by unplugging power to it, then pressing the power button several times, then plugging in back in, and then it turns on fine from the first touch.

Pressing the buttons repeatedly while no power is connected is probably draining the capacitors, but why would this make so I can turn it on fine?

Any ideas how I could try to fix this issue?

Thanks!

I have no ideas on how to fix myself.

I am going to make the obvious statement and suggest you get a replacement first, if under warranty.

If not, maybe just mod a wire and turn it into a switch (assuming it is a hassle for you to unplug) so you can easily "unplug" your wire instead of getting up, etc.

I have no ideas on how to fix myself.

I am going to make the obvious statement and suggest you get a replacement first, if under warranty.

If not, maybe just mod a wire and turn it into a switch (assuming it is a hassle for you to unplug) so you can easily "unplug" your wire instead of getting up, etc.

It's out of warranty otherwise I would.

I'm hoping I can find someone who can instruct me on what to look for when I take it apart, and how I might fix the problem.

Back