• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair 1866mhz running at 1333mhz?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

//:mC.n

Registered
I recently installed my FX9590 CPU and went from 16gb 1600mhz 4x4gb sticks to two Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8gb sticks. It is supposed to run @ 1866, but not matter what settings I change in the BIOS it seems to only boot @ 1333mhz. The clock times are good @ 9-9-9-24. The clock times @ 1866mhz are 9-10-9-27.

15x5w90.jpg

kco6sg.jpg

I have tried manually changing the clock times, but every time I reboot, it boots at 1333mhz. If anyone could share some insight, I'd be thankful.. Thanks :)

Last edited:
Just to make sure, you are saving before exiting and rebooting, yes?

Have you tried the Dram o/c profiles?

Take it off D.O.C.P., set to manual, and set all the timings, speed, and voltage manually. Then save and re-boot.

Haven't tried the RAM OC Profiles. I put in all of the timings manually and saved. Every time I reboot, it loads at 1333mhz. I've gone through a lot of different RAM settings and nothing seems to be working. I've seen in some spec listing that 1866 requires an over clock, and in some spec listings it shows 2100 and above needs overclocked.

Follow what Mr Scott said my man... See how you have docp on? Apparently you can't manually set things with it set there?

I have turned it off...When I first put the 9350 in I was having an issue where every time I rebooted it was saying NEW CPU installed. None of the settings would save. That was the first issues I wanted to iron out before I addressed the ram. I realized when I changed it to the OC profile it booted up fine. So I ended up setting up my motherboard settings as if I was going to OC my CPU since it is basically an factory over clocked 8350. That took care of that issue.

Now that I fixed that, I turned it to manual. The BIOS says 1866mhz. But still boots at 1333mhz. Ill post pics of my current BIOS set up.

2m29a3o.jpg

24kwf9x.jpg

azga3a.jpg

2lvy5p1.jpg

9jh9b5.jpg

2ed031l.jpg

okonx3.jpg

I even called ASUS and they were of no help. Basically said I can only use certain types of RAM on the motherboard. But I have looked on the internet and there are plenty of people saying they have used the RAM I have with same board. Wondering if I under clocked my 9590, and upped the FB/NB Voltage multiplier which would raise the CPU clock back to where it was at, as well as bump up the RAM. But I don't see why I would need to OC my ram to a level the board supports.

Last edited:
Turn off ECC.

When I first put the 9350 in I was having an issue where every time I rebooted it was saying NEW CPU installed. None of the settings would save. That was the first issues I wanted to iron out before I addressed the ram. I realized when I changed it to the OC profile it booted up fine. So I ended up setting up my motherboard settings as if I was going to OC my CPU since it is basically an factory over clocked 8350. That took care of that issue.

Not exactly. This tells me that your 9350 CPU is un-supported. Update the bios to at least 1403.

Last edited:
I using the latest BIOS 1901. I did a CMOS reset by taking the battery out of the board, powering down and using the CMOS reset button on the back of the board. That finally let me enter the settings and save them where I could reboot without getting the new CPU message. The board does have support 9xxx series chips.

Almost missed your comment about turning off the ECC. I'll give that a shot and see what happens.

I did a CMOS reset by taking the battery out of the board, powering down and using the CMOS reset button on the back of the board. That finally let me enter the settings and save them where I could reboot without getting the new CPU message.
Gotcha. I misunderstood.

I'm using ver. 508 beta and it works great. I'm with scooty. your bios should recognize that 9590. One other thing we have seen corsair give problems with newer Asus bios releases.

+1, I have some dominator gt in my ch5-f board and it's not a happy camper at all.

I have some experience overclocking the CPU. I have never Overclocked RAM. I have entered all of the times manually and STILL it is showing up at 1333mhz.

If I were to over clock the ram from 1333mhz to 1866mhz, what settings would I need to change in the BIOS? Nothing I am doing is registering them any higher than 1333mhz. From the pictures of the BIOS would you be able to tell me what settings I would change to achieve 1866 from overclocking? I tried lowering the stock clock on the CPU, picking 1600 on the ram, and upping the CPU BUS Frequency until it says 1880mhz for the RAM, and 4700mhz on the CPU which equals the stock. But the CPU/NB Frequency also went up above 3000mhz...is that okay?

The BIOS recognizes the 9590. It registers at 9590 no problem. I did the CMOS reset, re-flashed the BIOS, and everything is fine with the CPU. I just cant seem to get the ram any higher than 1333mhz. I had 1600mhz G.Skill in before. So I know the board will support higher than 1333mhz no problem.

Last edited:
But the CPU/NB Frequency also went up above 3000mhz...is that okay?
No, but there is an adjustment for that. CPU/NB frequency. You'll be able to adjust it down. Same with the HT link speed.

2dgvs75.jpg

29urkh3.jpg

29onb6g.jpg

Here is what I have on CPUID...I will try the way I listed, and try to adjust the CPU?NB & HT Link Speeds down

Tried but did not work.....still showing on CPUID as 1333mhz....

I found the recommended RAM and the RAM I have is on the list...the only issue is I have 16gb (2x8gb). Could the problem be I only have 2 sticks as opposed to four to make 32gb? I just didn't feel the need to buy 32gb right now.
24cbq0y.jpg

Last edited:
Tried but did not work.....still showing on CPUID as 1333mhz....

I found the recommended RAM and the RAM I have is on the list...the only issue is I have 16gb (2x8gb). Could the problem be I only have 2 sticks as opposed to four to make 32gb?
Normally I'd have said no......but you most definitely have a problem.

we have run into this before, it's someplace on this forum, but for the life of me I can't remember where............

A couple of things I would recommend when trying to get to 1866 set all but the main timings to auto. See the last timings in your bios right before the command rate? If those stay at 3-3 your ram isn't going to run at 1866 needs to be at least 4. Like I said set them all to auto and see what it does. Only manually set the 9-10-9-28-36-2T

I'll give it a try Johan, Nothing I am trying seems to be working. Think I am having issues with my motherboard. Asus is sending me another one. I even called Asus and all they could say is I should only use the ram on the recommended parts list. I downloaded the list...MY RAM IS LISTED! I even tried the RAM on my older Asus board with the Phenom II x4 BE 965 and it lets me select 1600mhz.

Back