• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No audio output on Biostar TA970

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ian_12

Hi, new to the board. I built the computer about 4 months ago and was using an old lcd tv as my monitor for a while. I had sound from it as I was using the hdmi cable to my graphics card during that time. Now I have my monitor, which has no speakers, and decided I wanted a 5.1 system since I also watch Blu Ray movies on here. Well got the speakers today, and I can't get sounds to them at all. I tried the onboard jacks so I could get the 5.1, but nothing. So I tried the case front panel input, and nothing there. I decided to hook my phone up to the speakers, and they work fine (also the same hooking up to my tv).

I am lost as to why the onboard audio doesn't work. I have gone into the AMD Vision ECC and changed the settings, but still no sound. So I've given up. Hopefully someone can help out.

EDIT: Finally got it. Had to download the Realtek driver again so I could get the HD Audio Manager and switch the output.

Last edited:
Did you install the audio drivers for the board? How did you hook your tv up to the audio? Does it have 1/8 jack or optical input? I dont think board audio can go through.hdmi on the board? Explain how you are connected...both video and audio please...

The audio worked on your card through hdmi because the audio.drivers on.the card are installed with gpu drivers by default.

another thing you'll notice is that some times your audio wont initialize on some boots and you have to restart to get it to work again. I think its a driver issue but I have been dealing with it for a while and nothing has a permanent fix.

its like 1 in 25 boots though, has happened in xp vista and 7 too.

Back