• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Building better quality monitor, for portability

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nordland

What's up all,
I've decided the only rout for my kind is to take thing into our own hands. All displays at decent resolution are 20 inches + and it just ain't cutting it for me.

So i'm going to be ordering a apple 13'3 -15'4 LED panel retina replacement panel or a Samsung led replacement panel at 13'3 and building my own portable monitor with some type of folding mechanism like a laptop case action, to function both as a protection and stand.

Does anyone have any experience with high quality screen monitoring?
It seems that very little information exists outside of the basics, regarding compatibility and such.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but they may run on some form of LVDS connection, can't find a pic of the internals so I can't say for certain. I looked around a bit and they do make HDMI/DVI/VGA to LVDS adapters. The only ones I can find are on Ebay and I do believe it's against forum rules to link directly to ebay auctions (searching for HDMI to LVDS brings up a bunch though).

Doesn't look like many can support a Retina display, most have a max resolution of 2048x1152. But it does look like there are quite a few guides from people doing something similar, trying to send video to a laptop LCD using the adapters.

perhaps a 1080p samsung IPS would be a more compatible rout.
any reference to how to find out compatibility for controllers?
and yeah i've followed quit ea few of the guides, problem with them is this. Don't have any componenet similiarities, and i've not yet seen any high res or IPS hacks

Back