• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help! Upgrading MY PC GPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

antonio112

Registered
So I wanted to upgrade my AMD Raedon HD 6670 (ddr3 2 or 1 gb I think) to a 7870 because of my FPS problems (Don't tell me because of my RAM or CPU, I have a pretty high end computer except the GPU) as they go sometimes under 30 fps when I run ultra fps (and I want it at the settings). I wanted to know if my PC can run it before I buy it, so before I say my specs my PC is a brand one, an HP HPE Pavilion H8-1030.
Specs: Too lazy to list them, but here is the website that contains all the specs of my PC: http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/si...ac.admitted=1395776567911.876444892.492883150
So... I hope you can fix my problem here! Yeah... anyways... If you want to could you find me a cheap price of the GPU I want and a tutorial on how to put a new GPU on to the motherboard?

EDIT: Dear Sir, it is an honor that your in my thread. I will upload pdf version of it then. Here it is: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6R7HY4te-W-LVhXc2tGMFFlTVE/edit?usp=sharing BTW, the scroll bar is on the far top right. :salute:

Last edited:
I can't see the link... it is seemingly blocked at my office.

That said, until I can see it, make sure you have a decent PSU in there, at least 450W, and a PCIe2/3 slot.

As far as a tutorial... you simply need to uninstall the current drivers, power off. Pull the old card, replace it with the new and plug in any power leads the card needs. Power on, install the latest drivers... enjoy.

EDIT: I see you added a PDF. I do not have permission to view it... set it to public...

Last edited:
This is my first bump in history, so sorry for not knowing the actual history. I provided a new link so.. did you see it?

I see the pdf you added, but do not have permission to view it...I think adding the specs in the first post would be awesome... LOL!

He's new and cannot see the Classifieds section...

EDIT: Ok, finally saw it...

I wouldn't put a 780 in there as Caddi suggested, not with that PSU, no way. I like the idea of am R9 270x or GTX 760 in there personally.

Im trying to head for AMD (ATI) GPU that could run best that is higher than a 6670. If you can, plz provide a PSU that can run a 7870.

Maybe I wasn't clear...

I would not run a GTX 780 with that PSU, however I WOULD run a R9 270x or a GTX 760 with your current PSU.

So... IN CONCLUSION:
A GTX 760 or R9 270x will be suit this. But which one is better?
EDIT: Please dont tell me your getting confused with A GTX 780 and a Raedon 7870? Are they... in benchmarking form... equal?

go with the gtx 760, get an oc, I have one and it's awsome and quiet.

big bang for the buck.

OK, thanks for everything guys and I guess I will by the GTX 760. Its been an honor the super moderator visited to a new member's thread. :attn::clap:

Guys, I have a really bad feeling about this. My PSU is 460 W and a GTX 760 is 170 Watts! The R9 270x is worse with a TDP of 300 Watts! Isn't this gonna blow my fuse/PSU?

But they people previously said that a R9 or the GTX was good, and I look at the benchmarks and everything and it looks SUPER good. I really want to get this, but I'm not sure. What do you think ATMIN? Please elaborate.

But they people previously said that a R9 or the GTX was good, and I look at the benchmarks and everything and it looks SUPER good. I really want to get this, but I'm not sure. What do you think ATMIN? Please elaborate.

I'm saying that if you think the other cards are too much for your PSU then save some money, drop to 1/3 of the power and get a 750Ti.
If you're not worried about the PSU that much then get the 760.

Back