• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS Nvidia GT 630 Overclocking input.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

obsolete

HI!!!

Been awhile.............So I sorta got back into gaming but obviously not to hard core judging by the graphics card I'm working with.

I did read around in regards to this card, but honestly I'm just lookin for a little advice. Hooked up my "old" water cooling system to this video card using a NF2 chipset block, lol!! Dropped the card to 25ºC under load oppose to 45º-48ºC. With air cooling I seen people getting 1000 mhz on the memory maybe even so with the core. I'm not hitting those levels with wc'in.......Using MSI Afterburning, turned the volts up as much as possible messed around with few other oc'in utilities. Sooooooooooo, to the point. I'm getting about 930 on the core and 975 on the memory. If I back the memory down to 810, can get the core up to maybe 945.........Just looking for a little advice or am I just capped? Do you want to sync the core with Shader clock memory or OC shader clock seperate. Any pointers & apologize for the rambling......

Last edited:
I realize most are probably laughing under the breath & thats cool, just wondering if some software utilites better then other.....Get a new card, I mean thanks for your input.........

Nobody is laughing...

Using different software will not increase clocks.

It really is just time for a new card. :)

You should be!!! I laugh at the effort I put into this mediocre card..........I can't let her go, for now it's what I have to deal with & I'm just trying to get the absolute most out of it. WC'in a budget card in a HP refurbed PC, I think thats hilarious, here I'll provide some photos...... :clap:

Blue painter tape & duct tape anyone?

Attachments

• IMG_20140318_150632 (600x800).jpg
    IMG_20140318_150632 (600x800).jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_20140317_150409 (600x800).jpg
    IMG_20140317_150409 (600x800).jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 144
AND...........

Attachments

• IMG_20140317_172759 (800x600).jpg
    IMG_20140317_172759 (800x600).jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 147
You should of spent more money on your video card than your cooling system. However it look like your having fun.:D

You should of spent more money on your video card than your cooling system. However it look like your having fun.:D

Didn't spend anything on my cooling system. If you follow my posts way back, you'll see that I'm using the same water-cooling stuff I used many years ago, lol!!!! Time was all it cost me...........Also with this refurbed pc, I could only go with a certain card as my power supply would have needed an update.......This video card didn't require any plugins for power.........I did have to wire up that fan into the new power they use which used to be a 4 pin molex connector...Real ghetto, thing is as quiet as a tit mouse though. The fan that came on it sounds like a Comanche Helicopter. At times I'd look over to see if my PC was taking flight.......

Ops I misses that you already had the water cooling setup. Well it looks like your at the end of the road with that video card maybe look for a good performance used card low power usage. You could use a power adapter plug for the PSU.:)

Ops I misses that you already had the water cooling setup. Well it looks like your at the end of the road with that video card maybe look for a good performance used card low power usage. You could use a power adapter plug for the PSU.:)

Yeah............I could.......still fiddling but it's been so long, figure maybe I was missing something. Perhaps someone had some insight I didn't consider.......Ya never know......Plus, good excuse to say hello to a place I learned so much from. :D

I admire you ingenuity, looks fun :)

Hey thanks!! It was fun, still is!! Although trying to custom mount that block onto the card sure took some brain power. Everything I have is from Socket A days so........Found a Zalman bracket that was used on a processor waterblock to hold that puppy down...........Rigged some screws, shes on there good though! As you can see in my avatar...It didn't always work out in a good way & I ended up setting a few things on fire.......

When in doubt set it on fire........... :thup:

BTW - Styrofoam = Great sound insulator but be prepared to wear it. Carved a hole in the Styrofoam & spent the next hour cleaning it up, lmao..........At one point I was spinning around in circles trying to get it off my arms....... :facepalm: :bang head

Back