• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No sound on my Asus Xonar Essence STX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hotwire277

i just built a new system and everything works fine but my new Asus Xonar Essence STX has been a nightmare for me. i only get about 30% of sound from the RCA outputs and barley anything at all from the headphone jacks. i have looked at the other forms already and seen most of them have been resolved due to a setting in the software itself. i have done everything to try and fix this issue. the first card i returned thinking it was a defected card. seeing how im having the same problem with my 2ed card i know its got to be some other conflict. the power cable is plugged in all the way and i have tryed the most resent drivers. And i have even disabled my onbord sound in bios. all my levels are up all the way and in control panel its showing my sounds levels peeking where it should be. it just seems to be a output problem on this card. can anyone shine some light on this for me?

steve

Last edited:
What OS?

You need to be sure to uninstall or delete all your audio drivers and start from scratch. You may also be getting some conflict from audio drivers baked into a video card/software setup that you have as well. You didn't list your system's specs so I am speculating.

im running win 7 pro 64. this is a fresh copy of windows and i have uninstalled all other sound drivers including the sound drivers on my video card. i posted all the stats of my system in my profile if that helps. at this point im considering formatting and starting over to see if that fixes the problem. im running out of stuff to try here. but this was a problem frm the start las week when i installed installed windows so it may be a wast of time

steve

Intel i7 [email protected] 64-Bit ,Windows7 Pro, 32GB DDR3 2133Mhz,EVGA GEFORCE-GTX 760, Gigabyte X79-UP4, 128GB Samsung SSD 840 PRO, Lepatek LEPA-B850,

If you have NVidia's Control Center loaded, there is a link for the audio which can be disabled; it's on the left hand side of the panel.

If you unload/disable/uninstall all drivers, then reboot, then install your ASUS drivers, you'll have the best shot at a good configuration.

Be sure in Win7 Control Panel, Hardware & Sound, Manage Audio Devices, that you are setting your ASUS card as the default after disabling/uninstalling all others including, as you mentioned, disabling your onboard chip in the BIOS settings.

i have done all that as well. and when im playing a mp3 file the sound levels are showing up in control panel. under device manger the only sound drives that show up are for my ASUS sound card. i have uninstalled reboot and reinstalled them and i have the same problem. everything seem in order but still low output. i have even updated my bios and confirmed that my on board sound was disabled. this is the most trouble i have ever had installing some hardware and i have built a hand full of systems over the past 20 years. i have eve tried 3ed party drivers suggested on a different form i was reading. and it did support the card just fine but didn't fix the problem. i am back to working with the recent factory drivers now

If you are getting sound from your headset or other speakers, only not at the decibel levels you desire, then it may be time to look at updating your speakers. They may be holding back the full potential of your card. :cool:

getting no sound from my headphones. my amp and speakers are working just fine. it was being used with my last pc. this new pc was just a upgrade. i have to turn my amp up all the way just to hear the sound from my card. i have turned on the on board sound and that worked just fine as well

In your OP you stated that "i only get about 30% of sound from the RCA outputs and barley anything at all from the headphone jacks". So now you're getting no sound from the headphones. And full sound from the speakers. You are confusing me.

List your complete system specs. Time to start with complete information.

speakers and amp work fine when tested on my other pc. still only getting 30% from the RCA and hardly anything at all from headphone on the sound card of my new pc. Intel i7 [email protected] 64-Bit ,Windows7 Pro, 32GB DDR3 2133Mhz,EVGA GEFORCE-GTX 760, Gigabyte X79-UP4, 128GB Samsung SSD 840 PRO, Lepatek LEPA-B850

Back