• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jmh474

Registered
ok so something is not quite right with my bios when i change the system performance to asus optimal the computer wont boot every thing comes on and looks as if its booting fine but i do not get no video so im abit lost then if i reset the bios with the jumper it boots fine

when i change the system performance to asus optimal the computer wont boot

Have seen that happen a few times when an auto optimal setting is confused by ram or some other piece of hardware that is just outside what the board considers standard. Are you using odd amounts of ram or some odd brand or speed of ram? If you are running different size kits of ram, it could cause the problem.

Heck I have not used an Optimal or Default bios menu setting now in something like 9 years anyway. I clear the CMOS and boot to bios and setup the bios as it needs be and gone.
RGone...

Back