• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

well newegg messed me up again

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MAD450r

I bought a gigabyte windforce 780 last year and had many issues had to exchange it 2 times before got one that worked in my pc. Well I had not even noticed they send rev2.0. The kit I bougth from xspc, I just look at compatibility chart to find out after I had many issues with the darn 780 windforce at the start. Newegg replaced it and its been working. I just never paid attention to the fact that they sent me revision 2 as replacement.Well on the page for compatibility with all 780's mine is the only one it will not fit. Im so pissed right now I could kill newegg.

My original paperwork showed it to be revision 1 is whey I thought I was all set. But my brother who games mostly on that system just grabbed the box and says hey on this sticker on the side of box has rev2.0.

Most times id have been happy to get the updated newer model, but now what do I do I have a 150$ block and backplate that isn't going to work for me. Is it possible this will work or am I screwed.

Looks like there is no block that will fit the rev2.0. Am I wrong?

I really need to find a compatible waterblock for this damn 780 windforce 2.0 crap. I originally bought the 1.0 but had to exchange it few times first for totally doa, 2nd had random reboots, 3rd works still great but found out its 2.0, till now I was fine with it. but I now see 2.0 is not compatible that I can find with any fullcover waterblock. I really wanted to use the razor block to match rest of my kit and looks.

im almost will to find someone with version 1.0 that may want to trade if they do not ever plan to water cool theirs. I mean the 2.0 on air I never seen get over 40c anyways since I only have 3x1080p screens on it. Just so pissed after making a 500$ order from frozen cpu for my entire loop just to find out I should have paid more attention to what newegg sent me in exchange.

So, you're mad at Newegg because they gave you a perfectly functional product and you didn't pay attention when buying an aftermarket cooler for it?

Yes its an oc version, and I did buy the verion 1 but had to exchange it twice now that I bought a waterblock I find out its the 2.0 which I did not pay for.

Last edited:
Go to the EKWB website's cooling configurator page and select your video card. They have both the V1 and V2 listed there. What's most important is they show the bare card without the cooler attached. You can then compare the PCB layout of the V1 and V2, if you don't see any differences then the block you have might very well fit.

WOW ITS very different and I see why it wont work. the added frame at top of card.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    570.8 KB · Views: 136
That frame can be removed, but the PCB itself is quite a bit different. That's the real reason the block wont work.

Well I broke down and bought another card last night. i'll leave the gigabyte in my server. I bought an EVGA GeForce GTX 780 SC 03G-P4-2783-KR I know this fits my waterblock and backplate.

heres a pic of the block and backplate I ordered

for some you may have seen them im sure. I love how this will match my raystorm cpu block perfectly. Its all going into a corsair 900d with a corsair 850watt ps powering it. I have the xspc rx360 now, but am torn between adding a rx480 or just going the cheaper ex480 since I will only at most have two 780 non ti's and my cpu block all on single loop I am not sure it worth the extra money for the matching thicker rx480 rad. What do you guys think ? Its all being pushed by the d5 pump in the dual 5.25 res. I wanted the tube style but was out of stock everywhere last weekend when I ordered, by tuesday I got notification they in stock again. I will be running this touchscreen fan controller too. I plan to change fans on rads out to either sp120 quiet editions or if I can find a good deal on gentle typhoons. Id love the GT's do to the color scheme. I plan to pickup the 4770k and asus sabbertooth z87 to also follow this same black grey white and silver theme.

Attachments

• ex-blc-1592.jpg
    ex-blc-1592.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 95
  • ex-blc-1432.jpg
    ex-blc-1432.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 93
  • 900d_side_empty.png
    900d_side_empty.png
    156.4 KB · Views: 90
  • $(KGrHqR,!pwF!MDFKZWnBQNeyvj7RQ~~60_57.JPG
    $(KGrHqR,!pwF!MDFKZWnBQNeyvj7RQ~~60_57.JPG
    155.2 KB · Views: 88
  • directron_2271_168406881.gif
    directron_2271_168406881.gif
    45.9 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Omg newegg again has ****ed me. They just email me saying some bs about messing up my order now the card i ordered, the only one i could find that works with the cooler i have is again sold out after they took money, they refunding money. Now how will i get a damn card. Im done with nnewegg after this. Every time i spend 500+$ they somehow **** the order up.

Ok now i feel better dad talk to management. They had my ordered card on hold so i will get free overnight shipping once thry recieve more of the model i need.EVGA GeForce GTX 780 SC 03G-P4-2783-KR

Last edited by a moderator:
Mad, excuse me, I'm a little confused?

You were Mad enough to want to "kill Newegg" after 2 RMA's when they updated your card to the newer version. I get that. But then you went back to Newegg and bought an EVGA 780 after all this hassle. They "claimed" they were out of stock and refunded your money and you got Mad all over again? Why not just order from another vendor like TigerDirect or Amazon?
. I would if any other place had this model. Was newegg only. But is all eorked out. They have dince then gound me the card snd even are overnighting at no extra charge. Was me jump to conclusion cause webdite suddrnly showed dold out. But mine was in stock when i ordered and it was late or domething not fully underdtood what or ehy happened but this time they did stand behind it.

As for my first card. I aldo never recirved my free batman game

. I would if any other place had this model. Was newegg only. But is all eorked out. They have dince then gound me the card snd even are overnighting at no extra charge. Was me jump to conclusion cause webdite suddrnly showed dold out. But mine was in stock when i ordered and it was late or domething not fully underdtood what or ehy happened but this time they did stand behind it.

As for my first card. I aldo never recirved my free batman game

Ok thanks. Now I fully understand. Hope this new card works out better than the last few.

Back