• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vesuvius ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Its a Dual GPU card its not unexpected for a dual card to break 500watt

Im suprised it didn't break 650watt tbh considering a single 290x can pull near 350watt.

same with 780TI's

Its a Dual GPU card its not unexpected for a dual card to break 500watt

Im suprised it didn't break 650watt tbh considering a single 290x can pull near 350watt.

same with 780TI's

350 sounds like a lot. I know 290's can be undervolted to draw ~220 watts mining full throttle.

So if I plugged in four of these cards, what would I be able to run and how well? :)

You couldn't, the most you can plugin is 2 as windows/crossfire is limited to 4 GPU cores (in this case 2 per card).

You couldn't, the most you can plugin is 2 as windows/crossfire is limited to 4 GPU cores (in this case 2 per card).

I didn't know that. So a dual-GPU card, do they perform better than the same specs on two separate cards, or is it the same? (Or worse?)

Âs long as the frequencies are the same, they perform the same.

A dual GPU card usually OC less than 2 cards, due to heat issue.

Âs long as the frequencies are the same, they perform the same.

A dual GPU card usually OC less than 2 cards, due to heat issue.

So is there any real advantage in having a dual GPU card? I feel I must be missing something here.

It'll be interesting to see some reviews and how well it actually works.

Back