• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fresh Reformat system, Still BSoD 3b

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Suppressor1137

View attachment 033114-9110-01.zip

Any programs throwing any errors? This literally has ONLY happened with chrome open, even before reformat. :(

Samsung 840 Evo 120 gb ssd, Win7 Ultimate.

Also, been getting some OpenGL crashes here and there when playing Skyrim, no crashes in any other games as of yet.

System is not overclocked at this moment in time, disregard the specs in sig, parts are all there though.

Edit: Just updated to Win7 Service pack 1, that was initially unavailable. Hopefully it helps improve stability by a little.

Edit 2: I forgot to install the latest INF chipset drivers immediately after the network drivers were installed. could that be a contributing factor? Will i have to reformat to fix that?

Last edited:
View attachment 141928

Any programs throwing any errors? This literally has ONLY happened with chrome open, even before reformat. :(

Also, been getting some OpenGL crashes here and there when playing Skyrim, no crashes in any other games as of yet.

System is not overclocked at this moment in time, disregard the specs in sig, parts are all there though.

Edit: Just updated to Win7 Service pack 1, that was initially unavailable. Hopefully it helps improve stability by a little.

Edit 2: I forgot to install the latest INF chipset drivers immediately after the network drivers were installed. could that be a contributing factor? Will i have to reformat to fix that?
OPenGL crashes have to do with your GPU... update/rollback/reinstall drivers.

So long as the INF drivers are installed it really doesn't matter the order. I install the INF and GPU drivers first, reboot, run WEI (I have an SSD), then install the remainder of my drivers.

Where did you get the INF file from? The mobo website or Intel? Try Intel as they will have the newest ones.

View attachment 141928

While not the best fix, you can turn off hardware acceleration in Chrome.

(Under advanced settings)

9.3.0.1021 is the INF I installed. according to intel's Driver update Utility, http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect

It is valid. as to being up to date 100%, I do not know. :( I got it from MSI's driver set for the board.

I will Re-install the video card drivers, they are the latest version afaik

I'll also disable the hardware acceleration for now, if it helps, I'll let you guys know. :D

Wasn't saying it was invalid, It simply said vailid, vs "update available" which it showed before i updated

Anyways, thanks for the help guys! I'll update if it persists.

Just saying to get the newest one from the intel website. No need to validate/question the current, just grab the new one. :thup:

Back