• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Games crash on 3way Gtx 660Ti

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Blacklist

Every game I play except Garry's Mod crashes after either 2 seconds or 2 minutes of playing. Brutal Legend didn't used to do it, but started it today and it does. Just got it redone and windows 8 64 bit installed. Its also brand new RAM from the factory. 1100w PSU so I dont think its underpowered. I download most recent drivers but all 3 times I've tried they've been corrupted. Please help this is the only question I have sorry for making so many threads.

1100w psu, AMD 8350 no clock, 16gb gskill trident x RAM, 3x Asus gtx 660 Ti's

Last edited:
Have you tried reinstalling/updating drivers? Its not the PSU as 3 of those cards would run on a 850W PSU pretty easily.

Part of this is likely the three cards in the first place. The more cards, generally, the more trouble you can have... Personally, I would sell all those things and grab something more appropriate for your setup.

I recall you from last year... I think you have 3 1080p monitors, right? Find a 290x/780ti and give one of those a try is my take.

EDIT: I suggest you make a signature with your hardware like ATM has so each time you post, your specs will be posted...

I hate to say it but at least 1 of your GPUs is starting to fail. How about going with 2 R9 290 or 2 GTX 780 Tis? It looks lime you can afford it. I was never a fan of 3-way XFire or SLI. 2-way is the best option. Less problems.:drool:

Haha ozzy. Well, I knew nothing about computers when I first bought the stuff. My dad did the research(and it wasn't that thorough). Do you really think its the gpu? Ahhhhh that sucks if it is.

Haha ozzy. Well, I knew nothing about computers when I first bought the stuff. My dad did the research(and it wasn't that thorough). Do you really think its the gpu? Ahhhhh that sucks if it is.

We could tell you if you'll do what EarthDog and I asked...

Its in the first post. I'm doin this through my phone the mobile site sucks nutsack, it won't let me see or edit my own signature or see other people's.

That is correct, the mobile site doesn't allow full functionality (like a lot of sites, actually). Switch to the full site and you can do it that way if you choose.

MOtherboard and brand of PSU for giggles...

Definitely more specifics on the motherboard and PSU.

Also on the cooler/case/case fans. And what's your ambient temp?

Install or updating drivers, check the box for a clean install when installing the drivers.

With the corrupted driver's do you have the CPU overclocked?

Back