• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE AMD Announces The Dual GPU R9 295X2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Beginning the week of April 21st, you'll be able to get your hands on the world's fastest graphics card... the R9 295X2. Built around dual R9 290X GPU cores and cooled by an Asetek AIO liquid cooler, this beast of a graphics card supports all the latest Gaming Evolved technologies including GCN, True Audio, and games built around the Mantle API.

... Return to article to continue reading.

Looking forward to the Overclockers review! I read a review of the card on another website, and

1. :shock: The length of that card

2. :shock: 500W TDP

3. :shock: $1499 MSRP

It pretty much matched a 290x Crossfire without any of the frame-time lag. A beast of a card for sure.

shutupandtakemymoney_zps3bbbd52e.jpeg

Looking forward to the Overclockers review! I read a review of the card on another website, and

1. :shock: The length of that card

2. :shock: 500W TDP

3. :shock: $1499 MSRP

It pretty much matched a 290x Crossfire without any of the frame-time lag. A beast of a card for sure.

Or you can read and only because this is what its going to truly compete against.

1500$less then titanZ

Runs cooler then TitanZ

Should outperform the TitanZ in everything ESP 4k Gaming as it outperforms dual 780TI's in 4k resolutions handidly.

Offers Quadfire setup with just 2x 16x pci-e 3.0 lanes needed. so can crossfire on say a regular ATX or MATX like the asus Gene boards. could be great for gaming on 4k TV's htpc style.

HW cannucks had another 13.7-15% overclock on their card with this cooler and maintained sub 70*C temps in game. meaning 1170.7 mhz were achieved i assume 1200 is possible but even 1170 is doing quite well for these cards without waterloops. and thats two cards managing that!
--
negatives

but it also has to run a 120mm internal rad which for some may be a problem to find a unused 120mm with mobo clearances.

requires a minimum 900 Watt PSU which usually after 850Watt's starts to run a premium price difference so cost just went up for systems with this. but not much different then a crossfire 290/x system really. j

I was hoping price would be around 1200$ Just to bring the value up more but on the other hand i understand why its how it is. with having a fullcover AIO block included and rad ect their is a bit of a premium.

and current costs of 290x @ 700ish $ really doesn't support that price point atm but release prices were more in line imho and current prices are just inflated.

That said no one has covered if this works with a 290x for Tri Crossfire .. it does seem to be two 290x cross fired for all intensive purposes.

Somebody buy one so we can see how many Kh (or even Mh) this bad boy gets mining! :rock:

Somebody buy one so we can see how many Kh (or even Mh) this bad boy gets mining! :rock:

Would just show up as 2 290x or GPUs in cgminer so likely 750-950 for each gpu depending on luck and such and time spent tweaking.

For all intents and purposes you mean ;)

The main difference between this and two 290x's is a significant improvement in frametime [1], [2], something that can really be beneficial in gaming.

The anandtech article you linked shows it to be virtually identical to 290x crossfire, and the tech report article doesnt even bother comparing it to 290x crossfire because its expected to be virtually identical. The only two real differences are noise under load being superior with the closed loop cooler and only needing one pcie slot. There is no frame time benefit to a 295x2 when compared to 290x crossfire, because they are virtually identical setups.

With the value og BTC dropping faster than a dead bird from the sky, i just dont see it as a good investment. But having 3 or 4 of those badboys in one rig would be beyond badass.

Well the most you could have in a normal machine would be 2 (for 4 GPUs) although I've seen people have mining rigs that have 7+ GPUs attached, I believe running linux was pretty much a requirement.

Well the most you could have in a normal machine would be 2 (for 4 GPUs) although I've seen people have mining rigs that have 7+ GPUs attached, I believe running linux was pretty much a requirement.

Windows 7 can handle 7, at least. I have done it. Windows 8 can handle more as far as i know. So running 3 in windows 7 is not a problem.

Back