• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

m5a78l-m/usb3 AM3+ and FX-4300 horrible performance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Utroligt

Registered
Hi, im seeing bad performance in my setup, it seems to be only in games when heat goes to 65 in my graphics card, which i dont understand.

I too see some artifacts when setting my graphics to the highest, what might be wrong? and how can i get a better performance?

Heres my setup:

m5a78l-m/usb3
AMD Quad Core Vishera FX-4300 3.8 Ghz
8GB XM3 1600mhz Memory (only running 667mhz though)
AMD Radeon HD7990 Grapics
60GB SSD Kingston
Case Gigabyte GZ-G2
750W Akasa Modular powersupply
24'' PackardBell Viseo 1080i monitor

I have already tried to disable Cool'N'Quiet, and unleashed the cpu, its running at 4% extra, but somehow the pc seems to be slow and underperforming.

If anyone knows something i havent seen or noticed, please feel free to contact!

Thanks,

Casper

A 7990 on what I believe is a junk psu wouldn't cause artifacts, but if it is junk like I think, id look into replacing it.

As far as artifacts and such, have you tried reinstallin, getting new, or rolling back drivers?

Hi, thank you for replying.

I have tried to reroll drivers install newest. but it seems that the system is not performing properly.

If i do need to change powersupply, which one should i look for?

In my signature is a link to quality power supplies. Check there and go 750-850w. which exact akasa psu is it?

Can you elaborate on 'bad performance'? Like what happens... It plays ok for a while then starts artifacting and you get less fps?

I have already tried to disable Cool'N'Quiet, and unleashed the cpu, its running at 4% extra, but somehow the pc seems to be slow and underperforming.
I'd bet this is part of the problem as well ED. If the onboard overclocking tool was used, it most likely dropped the clocks on the RAM, HT and NB Freq. Screen shots of Cpu-Z tabs Cpu, Spd and Memory would be helpful as well. Additionally, a 7990 on a $50.00 Motherboard? Really?!!!!

o_O very unbalanced system... Looks like the entire budget went on the gpu. You've stuck with a low end quad. A low end board. And some random psu brand... Surely you'd think to upgrade the CPU, board and PSU? A 4300 would surely hold back a 7990... And nothing faster cpu wise would run too well on that board really.

It is a very unbalanced system. The mobo is the real issue. If that were replaced you could run the memory at proper speed and probably oc the 4300 enough to help offset it's shortcomings to some extent. Of course that makes a better brand psu to drive that oc'd chip and high end gpu next on the shopping list. Is this a new build? Have you run the gpu in another system before this setup? If this is the first time using that gpu you may have just got a bad card.

A 4300 would surely hold back a 7990...

Pretty much any FX would hold back that card. Dated Cpu technology man. what do you expect? Even if the cpu had faster mhz, it won't make gaming load times faster or cure artifacts.

Tested a GTX 780 HOF on a M5A78L MX PLUS with FX-4300. OS on the SSD, seemed like a normally slow FX system to me. :thup:

Back