• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking 4670k Temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Theboywhowaited

Registered
While running Prime95 Blend, my temps are averaging ~65C but maxing out at 85C. I am currently sitting at ~1.2V and 4.5ghz. Is this normal? Do you think I could continue to increase my voltages for a higher clock? Thanks

What cooler are you using?
What's your ambient temperature?

Currently using the H100 by Corsair. Here is a picture:

Attachments

• Screenshot (5).png
    Screenshot (5).png
    72 KB · Views: 73
Can you do ~15mins of SmallFFTs and post the screenshot?

Looks like that was blend, which will fluctuate CPU torture a bit.

Still running Blend for stability right now, however I did run small FFT for ~15 minutes last night and hit 88C Max I believe.

I would try reseating the H100 on the CPU. Pretty high for that cooler and 1.2V

If you check the vCore on HWMonitor, you see it spikes at 1.28v, which is fairly higher than 1.2v.

Reseated it last night. I used the pea method and made sure it was cleaned properly before application. Tightened everything down with a screw driver. I did purchase this cooler refurbed and it seems like one of the screws that holds the fans into place is stripped. I tried to fix this electrical tape. I don't think that would be an issue though, do you?

That could easily be the issue.
High temps can easily be caused by a bad mount, which a stripped screw could/would cause.

Haha gotcha. I don't have time to fix it before heading to work so I will probably just shut it down and reseat it tonight when I get home. 3/4 screws are still holding the fans tightly against the radiator though. The electrical tape also seems to be working.

1.45V would be my limit however it's looking I am going to hit my thermal cap much before I reach that point anyway.

1.45V would be my limit however it's looking I am going to hit my thermal cap much before I reach that point anyway.

1.45v is the limit for Sandy Bridge.
1.3v/1.4v for IvyBridge.
I would not push above 1.32/1.35v with Haswell unless you de-lid.

If you check the vCore on HWMonitor, you see it spikes at 1.28v, which is fairly higher than 1.2v.

Hey, I just saw this comment. I was completely wrong, my V was set to 1.25. I forgot I moved it up last night because I did it while I was exhausted. I was wondering why it was spiking so much lol.

Back