• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Phenom II x2 555 BE overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maimunn

Hi, i decided to overclock my pc a while ago and i was doing some researches how to do that - but i failed so im looking for some short step by step guide how to do that on my pc.
processor - AMD Phenom II x2 555 BE 3.2 Ghz
graphics - Nvidia GeForce GTS 450
motherboard - ASRock M3A770DE
memory - Kingmax Semiconductor (2x2GB)FLFE85F-C8KM9 DDR3 1333MHz (PC3-10700H)
power supply - FOXCONN FX-450
hard drive - Western Digital WD5000AVDS
BIOS - American Megatrends P1.80
by the way i tried to unlock cores - but it didnt work

Up at the top of the AMD Cpu Forum section is giant thread called >> AMD CPUs Ultimate Sticky Thread
Inside the big sticky you wil find this how-to >> Dolk's Guide to the Phenom II

i was following his guide,but didnt work,some options are not able in my bios which he has in the guide. he doesnt have options for my phenom callisto

i was following his guide,but didnt work,some options are not able in my bios which he has in the guide. he doesnt have options for my phenom callisto

Well if your board does not have all those options in bios; might be part of the reason your overclocking is failing. Need good options in bios for good overclocking.

None of us that help in 97% of the situations, do not have that mobo and likely never did. So the only way we can do much hand-holding of overclock is to have full and complete pictures of your board bios. Only way we can see what settings are available in your bios, to make changes to.

Overclocking is nothing but raising cpu speed and adding cpu voltage to keep it stable. At the same time keeping temps within reasonable limits. That tutorial explains testing overclock using FSB and then by multiplier and also how far ram can be pushed. That applies to any motherboard. But you need the settings in bios to make this happen. Some early Asrock boards actually did not have all the various settings. For what reason, I have no idea.
RGone...

ill make some pictures with my phone and show u what do i have then later

Make sure you take the bios settings off of Auto as "Auto" conceals many options.

Back