• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

in need of a usb header port

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Falconh

Registered
alright so I am going to add in a fan controller (but that topic is in cooling lol) but I ran into a problem. i only have 2 usb headers on my MB and one is being used by the case and the other is being used by the H80i. though i have a 1934 (i think thats the right number for the firewire port) not sure if that will work for a usb controller that is suposed to be plugged into a usb header. I know they exist but I seem not not be able to locate one on newegg, amazon or frozencpu. but a pci or pci express card that will have that 9 pin usb 2.0 header on it. Please help or am i going to need to go to the dyi modding forum?

These are the Newegg search results for PCI and PCI-e cards w/ x2 USB ports...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ci usb card&name=2x USB Ports&Order=BESTMATCH

I was looking at those as well, but I was under the impression that Falconh needed one with an actual 9-pin header connector, like the ones directly on the motherboard that are used by the front panel USB ports. Not one with the actual USB female connector, unless I'm mistaken. I couldn't find any PCI/PCIe cards with the 9pin USB 2 connectors, but there are some USB 3 cards with the onboard 20pin connectors, would getting a 20pin USB 3 to 9 pin USB 2 be an option?

Back