• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crosshair V Formula Z - Flashback ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jshake

Can anyone tell me if I was to flashback from bios 2002 to bios 0901 , Does the file name need to be changed from ( CROSSHAIR-V-FORMULA-Z-ASUS...cap file ). To ( C5FZ.cap ) for flashback to work. I need to do a flashback for sleep and wake issues.

Thanks
jshake

Yes , you'll want to use the direct key flash option. Just verify the file name and put it in the root directory of a FAT 32 formtted USB.

Just an FYI if you have Overclock profiles saved you're going to lose them with the flash.

Thanks All,
I just wanted to make sure before I did this. I had talked to Asus tech support and they said you did not have to rename. After searching online and talking to you good people , I know they were full of B.S.
Thanks Again
jshake

NP jshake, if you were just using the EZ flash utility they would be right but EZ flash won't let you go back in revision levels. Direct flash needs the right name.

I am at a lose , I have contacted Asus support , Done a online search , Contacted Microsoft tech support and have found no solution. From what I have read on this board and other from other boards , That the problem with ( Wake Issue ) is with the newer bios. I did a bios flashback from the latest 2002 bios to almost the first 0901.
Still the same problem. If I put the computer to sleep , and use the mouse or keyboard to wake it will only power on half way. If any body has experienced this in the past , I would love to know solution.

I will update new signature , New system , New components. I will be returning in a couple days to do a update on this system.

I'm running 1602 ATM and it works on this one. Well the monitor any way I guess. My machine never really sleeps. You could just shut it off you know.

Yes , You are right and that is what I normally do any way. I have built 10 systems in the last year , All mid level AMD FX systems. This issue has only came up twice. One was with the Crosshair V Z board with the FX 8320 and the second one was with the Sabertooth 990fx R 2.0 with the FX 6300. Both systems are running Windows 7 Pro.
The reason I am trying to find solution for this is that it is hard to build a system for someone else and there is a function of Windows that they unable to use , do to a bug in the hardware or software that I am unable to correct.

Thanks Again
jshake

I see and undertand. I had good and bad news last night . I thought I would check the 1602 version on the CHV-z to see if it would wake from sleep. Now I have a 1090T in the board at present which may make a difference but the good news is the sleep function definately worked. The bad news, well at least for me was, I had set the power saver function and got distracted with company that stopped by. Then I thought while I'm visiting it would be a good time to run P(% on this to see if my final setting was actually stable for the long haul. So I set it and continued my visit, by this time I had already forgot about changing the power setting. I came back in to an sleeping computer which successfully woke up but P95 didn't make iT. About an hour in it went to sleep and P95 stopped working, guess it didn't like being interupted.

U know that is crazy but true, that the thing can go to sleep even with P95 Blend running and that should certainly indicate the board is in use...but to sleep the beeatch will go if not set to run-on. Crappy shett the first couple of times it caught me.
RGone...

I have built 10 systems in the last year , All mid level AMD FX systems. This issue has only came up twice. One was with the Crosshair V Z board with the FX 8320 and the second one was with the Sabertooth 990fx R 2.0 with the FX 6300. Both systems are running Windows 7 Pro.
Is this OS on any of the other systems? I wounder if it has something to do with it?

U know that is crazy but true, that the thing can go to sleep even with P95 Blend running and that should certainly indicate the board is in use...but to sleep the beeatch will go if not set to run-on. Crappy shett the first couple of times it caught me.
RGone...

It certainly was crappy, I was surprised as well but it was my fault. I'm still considering the 1090T stable well stable enough.

@Manny, I'm using pro on that bard and it shut down for me.
@jshake, are there any extra peripherals that are plugged in or just the basics?

No , each system had their own OEM version installed. I do believe that when I figure this out, It will turn out to be a OS issue. From my research others have stated that a fresh install has fixed sleep and wake issues. This would be a real pain considering both use ssd's for the OS. Secure Erase and reformat and the reinstall the OS. I am still holding out for a work around.

Back