• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

does anyone know anything about overclocking the pcie bus ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DarknessEternal

Registered
ive been trying to dig up info about over clocking the PCIe bus for my video card but i dont know how much stress it would put on my mobo , its currently stock at 105 mhz does anyone have any info on this subject

SPECS : 760GM E51 series MSI
AMD FX 6100 Black Edition (oc) 3.9 GHZ
EVGA 760 GTX 2GB DDR5 memory clock 3005 MHZ, GPU core 1241MHZ
Kingston BLU DDR3
Western Digital Caviar Black 750 GB

Too much overclock of the PCIe buss can corrupt data on sata drives. It seems to be setup per setup as to how much is too much. Some have had issues at only 104 on the PCIe and others go over 112. I have tried it on various types of chipsets and I have really had no problems raising PCIe to 108, but you don't see too much increase in anything except some say in video textures and more so in dual card setups. Having not seen a lot of extra performance, I seldom overclock the PCIe anymore. YMMV.
RGone...ster.

Even in benching it isn't worth much.
It was a major thing on 1366 only because the more you overclocked pcie the more you could overclock bclk.

Back