• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Picture not centered on screen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chuy

Registered
Hello Overclockers

The picture on my computer is no centered on the screen, I can fix this by unplugging the vga cable and replugging it. I have tried the ajust screen option to no help the resolution is set correct. The video card drivers are up to date, the os is also up to date (vista 32). Any ideas what could be causing this?

Provide a detailed list of system specs please. We have no clue what you're working with otherwise.

os windows vista 32
cpu intel e6550
ram 4 gigs
mobo g33m02
gpu gigabyte gtx 460
monitor using a westinghouse vr3215 tv as screen
This computer is mostly used to watch netflixs. I tried to post a pic up but I guess it didn't work. Thank you for helping me out.

Well wasn't able to find out about the over scan but I did find a VGA setting in the tv menu. In the VGA settings one of the options is Phase looks like when the picture isn't centered the Phase setting is maxed out. I pick auto ajust it brings down the phase to a lower setting and the screen gets centered. I'm going to read the manual to figure out what all the settings mean. Wonder if this has anything to do with the DVI to VGA adapter I used since the tv doesn't have a DVI port. If anybody has any ideas what is causing this let me know.

Back