• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newbie Here

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MujinCore

Hello Guys.

I just wanted to ask for help in overclocking my current unit.

Specs are:

CPU : Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 @ 2.66Hz
Motherboard: P5QL PRO
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4350 512 DDR2 SDRAM 64-Bit
Memory: 2GB DDR2 PC2-6400

I think that's you guys needed, if you need more just post :D

I just need to make it a wee- bit faster :D

Thanks in advance

With a half decent cooler you'll probably get 3ghz+

I have a P5Q-EM that ran an e7300 for a few years at 3.05ghz stable, I since put on a Q6600 from ebay and use it for a HTPC (in sig).

thanks for the reply guys.

I was hoping someone could do the figures for me :D
because im really not good with these haha.

thanks for the reply guys.

I was hoping someone could do the figures for me :D
because im really not good with these haha.

Nope. Doesn't work like that. Every CPU is different. Every motherboard is different. They don't all come out with the same capacities when run outside of their stock parameters.

If you want to overclock you will need to play with your own settings and determine what your specific motherboard and CPU are capable of at specific voltages.

Overclocking involves a significant amount of learning, especially on older Intel chipsets and CPUs like what you have. You're going to have to read guides, watch videos, then figure it out yourself.

And by the way: not fiddling around with the settings yourself takes most of the fun away ;)

so all i need is a 1:1 ratio?

I currently have a 2:3 right now without doing anything

Ok Here's what I did...

FSB Frequency to 298
DRAM Frequency to 400 Mhz
Multiplier to 10.0
CPU Voltage to 1.3

and I got a 2.98
but still have 2:3 ratio

is this any good?

I can't set my DRAM Timings to 4-4-4-12 (Even though I have a 2GB PC2 6400 memory coz it my screen won't show anything although the unit turns on)

According to my current CPU-Z screen :

Rated FSB: 1191.99 MHz

... so comments?

What RAM timings are on your actual RAM?

You can only set specific RAM speeds at specific ratios to the BUS with C2D/C2Q systems.
What timings are on the sticker on the RAM sticks? Use those. If you are running the RAM at above it's rated speed (ie, 800Mhz), you should loosen the timings. Try not to run the RAM faster than it's rated.

Now you have to stress test your system. The information should be in the overclocking guide.

Let's cut to the chase...

...please post your cpuz screenshots of the main, memory and spd tabs please.

Those images are blocked at my office...make sure you properly registered with the site, and host internally.

OCFinsertimages.png

Last edited:
106jzti.png.jpg

290sqat.png.jpg

bj95av.png.jpg

2w3876s.png.jpg

ok... here it is sir..

I have the same board! (But, I think it has a BIOS version roughly 1 week earlier, lol) (Also a July, 2008 BIOS) (Purchased in September, 2008)

I suggest that you set the FSB-to-RAM ratio to 1:1, which you do by choosing the lowest DRAM clock in the BIOS.

And make sure you have it set for manual mode.

Looks like it may basically be an E8600 with 3 MB of the L2 cache disabled. Same multi as the E8600, so I would baby step your way to 4.0 Ghz and if not, I would go for 3.7 or 3.8.

Back