• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASRock FM2A88X Extreme6+ max CPU voltage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Woomack

Benching Team Leader
I couldn't resist and I got an A8 6600K and ASRock FM2A88X Extreme6+. I saw that this board can run up to 2V for the CPU( APU ) but highest option is BIOS is 1.55V and +0.3V offset. After couple of runs I checked that 0% LLC + offset can give me about 1.86-1.87V max... so I'm wondering what am I missing here.

I've checked last 3 official BIOSes and latest beta. For some reason with last beta from ASRock site my board is not even booting. All BIOSes have the same max values.

Probably I won't need more than 1.85V soon as I don't have good access to LN2 but there is still a chance so if anyone knows how to set it, then please let me know.

You'll do a combo of bios and software over volting. I believe with AMD overdrive, you need to play with the turbo voltage on the fly. This is how I was able to pump up to 2v with a 4+1 M5A78L and hit 7ghz+. I will admit that there is a slight trickery and you'll have to spend a few minutes getting the feel of the turbo deal as it will set the cpu multiplier down to where ever it is set. That's all I can tell you at this time as I don't have LN2 to try this step for step and report back.

My bios only allowed 1.7v fyi and used AOD to push to 2v.

I should mention edit, I don't know if this will work with APUs I haven't tried it.

GLHF.

I can probably get dice for next weekend. So far I have ss but I don't think I will see any good results on that cooling.

- BIOS looks like 1.55V max ( that's max VID actually ) + 0.3V offset - both offset types about the same max voltage under load
- AOD has max 1.55V

Max using LLC 0% is about +0.02-0.03V higher under full load than what I set in BIOS. That was tested on ~1.45V so maybe difference will raise some more but I doubt that by 0.15-0.2V.
I didn't try max voltages as I'm still on air and what's worse on stock cooler as I couldn't find parts to mount anything better ( long break from AMD ).
I'm also not sure how to disable 2-3 cores and pick the best one. On FX it was just an option in BIOS , here it isn't.

So far 4.7GHz ~1.35V passed HyperPi 32M without bigger issues on stock cooler. I'm playing it for the 1st day. Let's say I was expecting something slightly different but at least it's not so hot as FX series.

Edit:
AOD is actually not working on my system ( at least not voltages ). Not a big issue as ASRock soft is working fine.

Last edited:
Back