• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED PC randomly freezes WIN7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Widlajz

Registered
Hey guys,

I have a problem with my computer. Sometimes its randomly freezes. I don't know what caused that. :/

I'm 99% off the viruses. Clean out was done.

Freeze appear absolute randomly. I searched on the internet via Google Chrome and freeze, or just watching some videos and freeze. But it hasn't showed up when i played or something like that, only just when i was on the internet.
When it freezes, I need to shut down computer and run it again. Restart wouldn't help.

Temperatures of my PC is alright.

System Windows 7 Ultimate 64x

Thanks to who will help.

100% 'off the viruses' is needed... start there or correct the 99%.

Played.............. games I assume?

Have you tried another browser than Chrome and see if it still freezes?

What is your power supply?

If restart won't help it, then its a piece of hardware that is being left in a faulty state and won't respond to a software reset.

It's unlikely to be the memory or power supply if playing games or doing office work doesn't cause any random freezing at all. But still, I would suggest removing all the sticks of memory except one and seeing if the freezing still happens. Swap memory and test again. It's unlikely for two or more sticks to be faulty so if one is bad, you might find it easily. You can also run memtest on each stick over night.

According to Microsoft, 80% of freezing is a caused by faulty drivers so update all the drivers.

Otherwise I would suspect your LAN port, can you switch the port or borrow a LAN card to see if that makes a difference? Also it could be faulty software on your hard drive. I would run chkdsk /r on it over night to check for faulty sectors or unreadable data.

No everything is stock.
When I play games PC doesn't freeze.
I ran 10h Memtest.

My power supply is Seasonic 500W Bronze 85% certification. I know that is not good at all, but I think it should be okay with it.

Seasonic are usually great PSU's (the efficiency rating is not synonymous with quality, note).

Have you tried another browser than Chrome and see if it still freezes?

No I didn't try another browser, because i don't use another.

Okay thank you guys, tomorrow I'll check the mobo problem and I'll let you know how its going.

Its make me crazy... Why only when I browse the internet... No BSOD nothing... When playing everything cool.

Being most of the posts this year i was hoping the OP could find a answer to his problem, and since Asus is giving advice how to deal and fix this problem.

I just thought its worth a shot since the rest of the Components seems to be OK!

Regards,

AJ.

No I didn't try another browser, because i don't use another.

Okay thank you guys, tomorrow I'll check the mobo problem and I'll let you know how its going.

Its make me crazy... Why only when I browse the internet... No BSOD nothing... When playing everything cool.
The request was to determine if it is browser specific was the point.... :thup:

Guys look like I solved the problem. I think that HDD cause this freezes. I just changed the SATA cable and switch to the another SATA port. And seems good now. I'll give a reply after while of using.

Thanks.

Back